PDA

View Full Version : Onza 3 dimensions

Destroyer
06-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Can somebody measure their 2011 Onza, I need to know the overall dimensions, longest point, widest point. I need to know if it will fit in my Plano compact case.

:)

Sharxfan
06-08-2011, 07:21 AM
I just measured mine and from top of cam to bottom of cam is 38.5". The widest point seems to be from string to front of bow limb and that is running just about 14".

wscywabbit
06-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I have 2 plano cases, and my Onza would not fit in either one. Not because of length or width, but because the bridged riser sat right where the plano cases have their plastic supports in the middle... I ended up getting the SKB Hunter case.

Sharxfan
06-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Mine came shipped in a plano case and it seems to work fine. mine has two plastic columns and they meet in between the riser and strings so I have no issue with mine. I don't even have to take the stab off to put it in.

wscywabbit
06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
:) That is one nice thing about Plano; they have tons of choices available! One Plano I inherited with my Saber, the other I bought from Wholesale Sports. I took my Onza into Wholesale, and found another Plano that it did fit into, but the SKB case was on sale, and wasn't much more than the Plano. (Otherwise I woulda bought the Plano :p)

Destroyer
06-10-2011, 03:48 PM
The widest point seems to be from string to front of bow limb and that is running just about 14".

Length is fine but the 14" is the problem. Just too wide for this case. :(

because the bridged riser sat right where the plano cases have their plastic supports in the middle

That would stop me too I think. Bit of a pain those things.

I don't even have to take the stab off to put it in.

Which case?

Sharxfan
06-10-2011, 06:10 PM
My bad it is a Flambeau the part number seems to be 429982. It came with the bow package. I like it it is hard plastic and it holds a dozen arrows and it has two straps that hold the bow down. It is just wide enough for my Diamond 6 inch stab so that I do not have to take it off. My quiver and small bow kit fit inside with out messing up the bow.

Destroyer
06-11-2011, 03:30 PM
it is hard plastic and it holds a dozen arrows and it has two straps that hold the bow down.

Better than my plano, only 6 arrows. Not enough for anything but a day hunt really.

Buggles
06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
Hi,
I have the Plano compact (PL1110) and my Onza 3 fits in it well, a little tight on the support columns but no problems.
Cheers,
Craig

Destroyer
06-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Same case. Don't mind things being tight, its not like it needs to move around.

Cheers Craig! :D