PDA

View Full Version : Updates on the warthog

whman
06-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey Guys,
Been a while since I've posted anything, but any of you Warthog owners out there have updates on the Warthog with the new solid core limbs? I purchased my Warthog about a year and a half ago now, and went through some of the laminated limbs before Martin finally sent a set of the solids. So far, so good. Speed is still a bit lower than with the laminated, but at least they're not (so far, at least) failing. I really like the Martin risers, so would like to make the Warthog my "go to" hunting bow, but I need to make sure that it's dependable first. I also seem to be able to shoot the Martin better than any of my other brand bows. Any input/updates will be appreciated!

whman
06-10-2011, 04:35 AM
So far, no replies to this querry.....isn't there anyone else who has any experience with a Warthog that has been retrofitted with the new, solid core limbs? My shooting with my newly fitted Warthog has been a bit limited, but would love to hear from someone who may have sent a lot of arrows down range....how the bow performed, etc.
Thanks in advance....

Arrow Splitter
06-10-2011, 05:09 AM
As far as I know, there is very few, if any, members on here that shoot Warthogs, so this is probably the reason you received no replies.

HawgEnvy
06-10-2011, 06:02 AM
As far as I know, there is very few, if any, members on here that shoot Warthogs, so this is probably the reason you received no replies.

user rdmwc is the only one that I recall having a warthog. For limb upgrades, I've read on AT that Elites barnesdale limbs fit some Martins and Sceptorman30x has or had a set of Martin Barnesdale limbs for sale.

whman
06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Guess you're right.....not too many Warthogs out there. Oh well........

gibson 787
06-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey Guys,
Been a while since I've posted anything, but any of you Warthog owners out there have updates on the Warthog with the new solid core limbs? I purchased my Warthog about a year and a half ago now, and went through some of the laminated limbs before Martin finally sent a set of the solids. So far, so good. Speed is still a bit lower than with the laminated, but at least they're not (so far, at least) failing. I really like the Martin risers, so would like to make the Warthog my "go to" hunting bow, but I need to make sure that it's dependable first. I also seem to be able to shoot the Martin better than any of my other brand bows. Any input/updates will be appreciated!

Your experience is a carbon copy of mine with my 2009 Warthog. The new solid limbs seem to have done the trick, although I too have noticed a small loss in speed.. The bow is shooting extremely well and of all my bows, I shoot the Hog with greater accuracy. I feel very confident in it's dependability since the change of limbs.

Hope this helps and good huntin!

Destroyer
06-10-2011, 04:38 PM
The bow is shooting extremely well and of all my bows, I shoot the Hog with greater accuracy.

They should bring it back for 2012. ;)

Arrow Splitter
06-10-2011, 05:07 PM
They should bring it back for 2012. ;)
X2 :cool::cool:

A.S

gibson 787
06-10-2011, 08:18 PM
They should bring it back for 2012.

Yeah, there's something about the ol Hog. ATA not too long and not too short, kind of like a Goldylocks type of bow, and for me it holds as close to perfect as a bow can get. Remember when I offered it to you, sure glad you didn't take me up on it cause I'll never offer it up again, but I might leave it to ya in my will LOL.....and if my wife ever sees the back of that sofa, you might be getting it sooner than ya think. eeeeeekkk:eek:

Destroyer
06-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Remember when I offered it to you, sure glad you didn't take me up on it cause I'll never offer it up again

And don't I know it DOH!!! :(

and if my wife ever sees the back of that sofa, you might be getting it sooner than ya think. eeeeeekkk:eek:

Maybe I could................nah, couldn't do that to you mate. I want it bad but not that bad lol! ;)

whman
06-13-2011, 06:35 AM
Hey Gibson 787,
Thanks for the reply, brother. I know what you mean about the accuracy....kind of been my experience, too. What kind of speed did you loose when switching to the solid core limbs? Aren't the solid cores laminated between two exterior laminates as well? Seems that they would still be three laminate limbs.....but maybe not. Anyway, take good care....and Destroyer, surly your wife would understand that a few holes in the back of the sofa in no way is eqivelant to the wonder of a great bow!
Take care!

Destroyer
06-13-2011, 09:39 PM
and Destroyer, surly your wife would understand that a few holes in the back of the sofa in no way is eqivelant to the wonder of a great bow!

I didn't put holes in a sofa, somebody else did it! ;)

Anyway, I remember gibson 787 saying his bow lost 5 fps or so with the 2011 limbs but can't be sure.

MLN1963
06-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Anyway, I remember gibson 787 saying his bow lost 5 fps or so with the 2011 limbs but can't be sure.

That makes me wonder if everything is set-up and tuned EXACTLY the same as before. The same string and cables, number of twists on them and amount of serving. Right down to the exact same peak draw weight and draw stop setting.

gibson 787
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey Gibson 787,
Thanks for the reply, brother. I know what you mean about the accuracy....kind of been my experience, too. What kind of speed did you loose when switching to the solid core limbs? Aren't the solid cores laminated between two exterior laminates as well? Seems that they would still be three laminate limbs.....but maybe not. Anyway, take good care....and Destroyer, surly your wife would understand that a few holes in the back of the sofa in no way is eqivelant to the wonder of a great bow!
Take care!

Whman my friend, that was my wife her sofa.....ssshhh! she might hear you. Seriously not sure about the limb construction but I think they are solid right through. As for speed, Destroyer was right, about 5 or 6fps and that's with a 430gr arrow, 29" DL and the bow at 67 lbs. I'm getting 285fps when I used to get a little over 290fps. It's way off advertised IBO, but I'm happy, it's a great bow.