PDA

View Full Version : Is that normal? Help needed

Markus
06-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

just got my Martin Saber today from the US - and its my first compound bow every. But Im asking myself if it is normal that the string goes so not paralell to the upper wheel? is that normal that it is not in a straight line?

sorry for my bad english but I hope you can see what I mean ^^

greets

markus

MLN1963
06-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm new at this myself but I would say that there needs to be a yoke adjustment made to remove that much cam lean (more accurately limb twist).

gravedigger
06-10-2011, 11:32 AM
you need to check your axle to axle length and make sure its in specs,check your brace hight as well.for sure your yoke looks as if it need some twist's takin out or added or both.just make the specs are the same as what there suposed to be listed

Markus
06-10-2011, 11:41 AM
thankx for your answers - but I guess I need a bowpress for that - right? as posted above I`m totally new to compound bows - so I guess I have to by a bowpress then.

thankx a lot for your advice.

:-)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Welcome to the forum, What the guys forgot to tell you is that you do not need a bow press with martin bows. Simply back out the limb bolts equally. 2 full turns one then 2 full turns the other. Until you see the end of the bolt in the barrel nut, or till the string is loose.

Then twist one side of the cable yoke, to equal up the AXLE TO AXLE. This will straighten the limb out. Make sure your bow is the same on both sides. Then reverse the procedure.

Hutch:cool:

Markus
06-10-2011, 12:10 PM
thank you so much! this forum and the users here are sooo great! :D

HawgEnvy
06-10-2011, 12:34 PM
thank you so much! this forum and the users here are sooo great! :D

welcome to the forum, Markus. And, YES! We are great. Invite your friends.

Arrow Splitter
06-10-2011, 03:18 PM
And, YES! We are great.
Hmmmm.. A little prideful huh? LOL:p

Welcome to the forum Markus.

A.S

Simple Life
06-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Markus,

SL

Destroyer
06-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Welcome. Just keep in mind that adjusting the yoke can put twist into the limb and possibly cause a limb to crack so don't go too far. It doesn't need to be perfect and there will be some angle to it since the cam can't line up perfectly with the idler anyway.