PDA

View Full Version : What is your routine for shooting.

Simple Life
06-10-2011, 04:26 PM
So how much do you guys shoot?Every night or just whenever you can?Do you set the amount of arrows to be shoot in a night?

I try to get out every night and shoot 20 arrows ,5 each at 4 different distances.Week-ends can be alot more.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Well SL I wish I had as much time as I use too. But I shoot the 20yard range 3 to 4 times a week. But now I have the ladder stand up I will practice as much as time allows. Also we need to replace our old outside target. I think once we build the new one I will go back to shooting 70yards regularly.

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
06-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Use to shoot 2 hour's a day when I had a better place to shoot. Nowadays I'm only shooting 30-50 shots per session, usually every day but lately due to other reasons it's been every couple of days and it has hurt my form (and strength) big time. :(

Arrow Splitter
06-10-2011, 05:10 PM
No routine here. I just shoot when I feel like it(that is until I get a job).

A.S

gravedigger
06-10-2011, 05:13 PM
not as much as i used to.i just cant shoot for long periods of time.i used to every day around 50 to 200 arrows.i would come home for about an hour every day during work and shoot.i would shoot befor work and afterwork.sometimes at work.im still working on getting my hand better.

Sharxfan
06-10-2011, 05:59 PM
I try to shoot as much as possible at dusk. It is to hot down here to shoot during the day. I am trying to work on my form so I shoot basically at 20 yds and shoot until I can't hold the bow steady which now a days is only about 30 arrows.

HawgEnvy
06-10-2011, 06:56 PM
No routine here. I just shoot when I feel like it(that is until I get a job).

A.S

x2. Bout 60 arrows per pot of coffee...avg 5-7 pots of coffe/day. 300-420 arrows per day unless it's to hot n humid. Then it's less.

wscywabbit
06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't have a range at home (soon, I hope... as soon as I buy a house, apartment life sucks) and I work 10 hour days so I only get to shoot a couple days a week. Usually its Thursday and Friday after the kids go to school. Then I sneak off to a friend's house and throw 50-60 arrows. He has 20-50 yards marked out to a big bag, and a "trail" with some delta deer.

Scott
06-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Tell the wifes useless dog to start running bitch. She's a retired race dog, greyhound. I let her get a jump on me, so far she's still kicking, but some day she will slow down.

Ehunter
06-13-2011, 01:49 AM
I try to shoot 3-4 times a week. 50-60 arrows each time. I try to shoot early mornings and around dusk. Since I mostly hunt, that's when I'll be shooting the most when it counts. I shoot as early, and as late as I can during low light. Occasionally, I'll shoot a few during normal daylight as well.

wick
06-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I usually shoot 2 to 3 days a week depending on my work schedule. I work 3 to 4 and sometimes 6, 12 hour shifts a week so I take what i can get. I got a pretty good set-up in the yard with 3d and block type targets set up at 20 to 40 yards all in hunting style set-ups. In August I'll start shooting from elevated positions with multiple angles and distances. I try to mix it up as much as possible to keep my distance judging as sharp as posible.

droppixel
06-21-2011, 03:45 PM
I try to get out as often as I can. Wife has been gone in the evenings for most of the spring/summer with class and work - so I get the kids in bed and head out. I can make 40 yards down my driveway if I stand right at the street, which makes a little nervous, so I tend to stick to 30 and under. Don't have a set amount, just shoot till I feel a fatigue and my form/shots start to slip. Call it quits and come back fresh next day or later in the week.

EnglishKev
06-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Thursday night is club night, so most weeks that is a definate.
Indoor range is 30yds, as long as we are not snowed in this is the one night I am guaranteed to be able to shoot.
Summertime and fine weather (don't like shooting in the rain) we can use the outdoor range as well, 50yds, or more if we shoot over the boundry fence;)
I try and shoot both days at the weekend as well (either practice or competition).
I have a 60yd range setup at the Air-rifle club which I can use as long as there are no rifle shooters there, and I also can use the 3D woods, although I just use the practice range (95yds+) as the course targets are not left out.
All the ranges are within 1 mile (by road) of each other, the furthest is 6 miles from my house
If the worst comes to the worst, I can shoot 5yds in my garage, 10yds if I shoot from outside in.
I shoot as many arrows in a session as I feel happy with.
Sometimes it could just be 15 to 20, other times 100, it varies.

Kev

vermonter
06-22-2011, 03:40 PM
I like to leave my bow and practice arrows upstairs. I will then go outside and shoot one arrow from my elevated deck at my deer target. The shot is about 20 yards from the deck. I will shoot through all my practice arrows in a few hours go out and retrieve them and do it again. I was taught that groups are great but because my end game is meet in the freezer I try to always replicate hunting as much as possible. I will even ask the lady to go outside and move the target to a different spot so I don't know where to look for it.

I also shoot groups when I have a friend to do so with.