PDA

View Full Version : Peep sight

Sharxfan
06-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I am having an issue where the D-loop is turning on the string and it is causing my peep to not stay straight forward. So what I mean is that when I draw back the peep will turn due to the D-loop and so my sight window is obscured as the peep turns in the string when I draw. If I turn the D-loop prior to using the release it helps but is there a way to make the D-loop stay in one position and not twist around the string?

Simple Life
06-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Put wax on the D-loop ends and serving where you tie it,helps to cinch it down better.

Destroyer
06-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Put wax on the D-loop ends and serving where you tie it,helps to cinch it down better.

X2.

Is the peep way out or just out? Sometimes its not possible to get the loop to correct it if it's bad. Peep's can be a pain in the a**! ;)

Sharxfan
06-12-2011, 07:05 PM
The peep will turn just enough to occlude my view of the whole pin sight. I am not sure they knotted the D-loop on to the serving. I will have to take a pic and post it so you can see what I mean. What happens is the D-loop turns a bit on the serving and when I hook the release to it it turns the string just enough to make the peep turn a little out of line and I see shadows on the peep. If I turn the loop so that the peep is straight on the sight then it is fine but after a shot the loop seems to spin a bit so it is sticking off out to the right or left of the string.

Destroyer
06-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Supposedly having the knots opposite is to help, but I can't prove it.

Same here. I wasn't thinking right once and accidentally put them on the same side, didn't seem to make a difference. Actually, having them on the same side might work better to align the peep for Sharxfan, more twist.

If I turn the loop so that the peep is straight on the sight then it is fine but after a shot the loop seems to spin a bit so it is sticking off out to the right or left of the string.

The peep needs to be aligned better in the first place from the sound of it, then less of a problem for the loop to correct.

wscywabbit
06-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Once I get a bow set up, I mark the string with a sharpie so I know where everything sets, then I put a drop of superglue on my peep servings and my d loop to keep them in place. Works great!

Sharxfan
06-13-2011, 09:27 AM
I was wondering if I could do that. the D-loop spins free around the string so it shifts all the time and cause torgue on the string when I draw. I will try the superglue to see how it works.