PDA

View Full Version : Alien Z

Destroyer
06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
What is the standard grip for the latest Alien Z's? I've seen Barry's new bow with the curved grip but after doing a bit of searching, I found jasenswisher1974 album and his 2011 Z has the older grip? :confused:

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/album.php?albumid=70&attachmentid=2114

Btw, Rytera really needs to update their site and catalog.

bfisher
06-14-2011, 03:49 AM
I haven't personally seen a 2011 "Z", but from the pics and all the discussions we've had I'm pretty sure it has the same grip as the 2010 model. That meaning just shooting off the riser with side plates.

I really like the feel of the new saddleback grip like on my Nemisis, but shoot either just as well. The reason I like the saddleback grip is because all the edges have more of a radius so feel smoother.

Maybe somebody from Martin will take notice or we could start another thread and recommend they do the same thing (radius edges) with all their cams and modules. Then they wouldn't have all the cable/string fraying problems consumers have been dealing with.

Destroyer
06-14-2011, 05:28 AM
I haven't personally seen a 2011 "Z"

It was a Nemisis? :o

but from the pics and all the discussions we've had I'm pretty sure it has the same grip as the 2010 model. That meaning just shooting off the riser with side plates.

That's what I think I want lol! Thank you sir! :D

Maybe somebody from Martin will take notice or we could start another thread and recommend they do the same thing (radius edges) with all their cams and modules. Then they wouldn't have all the cable/string fraying problems consumers have been dealing with.

Would be great if they would take notice, not going to hold my breath though. You could almost cut your fingers on my Pantera's.

I think too much was taken from the target boys on this more straight up and down thing.

Similar to the PSE's?

Destroyer
06-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Part of an email from Rytera:

There have been no changes to the design of the grips on any Rytera bow
between 2010 and 2011.