PDA

View Full Version : Hutch & Son's strings & a bow conversion

gibson 787
06-14-2011, 01:05 PM
A while back I ordered a set of strings from Hutch & Son for a 'frankenbow' I was putting together. It was an 09 Moab which I wanted to convert into a 2010 Firecat TR 2 with the new Power Tough limbs.

I ordered the string and cables to the TR 2 specs and in a short space of time Hutch had them at my door. They looked very well made and exactly to specs, and I must say, the price they are charging is unbelievably low, great value here everybody!

Well I put ol 'frankenbow' together only to find the cables were a little over an inch too long, I couldn't get her to specs or get the required cam rotation even with them twisted to the point of knotting. But take note, this was not Hutch's fault, the problem we believe lay with the angle that the Rotocups puts the limbs at, or a slight difference with the Moab riser compared to the Firecat. Remember, Rotocups were not available until 2010.

I contacted Hutch and ordered a new set of cables an inch shorter, the string strangely enough was OK. Anyway after receiving the new cables I attached them and finally found the time to tune her up. Amazingly, I could have got the cables another 1/4" shorter, but due to Hutch's good thinking, he reduced the number of twists allowing me more room to add twists.

Happy to say the BH is absolutely spot on 7", the ATA is just 1/8" short and cams are exactly where I want them. Ol 'frankenbow' is also happy and is shooting and holding extremely well and putting arrows exactly where I point it......if only I could point it in the right place every time! :mad:

Well there it is folks, two things come out of this, if you're converting an 09 Moab into a Firecat TR 2, string specs are OK but cables need to be at least an inch shorter, and second, Hutch & Son's strings have a big tick of approval from me. :D

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Well Gibson787, My son and I appreciate the complements. We also are glad the 'frankenbow' is alive and shooting. This was a great Australian adventure.

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
06-14-2011, 01:56 PM
great job,guys. Wheres the pic of the bow n strings. This thread is worthless w/o pics! Lol

Destroyer
06-14-2011, 03:31 PM
This thread is worthless w/o pics! Lol

Not worthless but yes, I want pics too! ;)

gibson 787
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Not worthless but yes, I want pics too! ;)

OK, but we've been camraless for a while, so I'd better find it.....but I won't suggest that my wife joins the search - she might look behind the sofa! :eek:

Destroyer
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
she might look behind the sofa! :eek:

lmao!!!! :D