PDA

View Full Version : My bow is fixed

Money Man
06-21-2011, 05:12 AM
After a long wait, I am finally shooting again. I would like to thank all on this forum who added comments and suggestions as I dealt with the string failure. Thanks to Hutch n Son for making the new strings and to Simple Life for helping me locate a cam. The old cam was beyond repair and when we took the old cam off, the axle was also bad. I had quite a learning process as I went along with this. I learned my DL was not 29, but 31. The way I was shooting before was no good, so now I am starting from scratch basically with the help of the shop owner who shoots competitively and has been a huge help getting me back on track. I added more picture to my album, but here are a couple to show the bow all together.310731083109

Arrow Splitter
06-21-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm sure it feels good to be shooting again!:cool:

A.S

Money Man
06-21-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm sure it feels good to be shooting again!:cool:

A.S

It does, but now I realize how much I hate my sight, so time to start stashing some money for a new one. Unfortunately, adding 2 inches of DL required a new set of arrows, so that cut into the funds a little. I think I am going to try one of the HHA single pin sliders. I am catching myself looking at the wrong pin just shooting in the backyard, I don't want to do that in the woods.

Arrow Splitter
06-21-2011, 05:37 AM
I have used a single pin(Truglo Range Rover) and have heard great things about the HHA. You can't go wrong with either.

HawgEnvy
06-21-2011, 07:56 AM
I had an '04 Cougar 3 mag w the nitrous cams. It was a good shooter, but the DC I didn't like. Probably would have kept if it was the Fusion cam. Looks good. What did you use for the VEMs on the riser? Or are they factory pieces?

Money Man
06-21-2011, 08:40 AM
I had an '04 Cougar 3 mag w the nitrous cams. It was a good shooter, but the DC I didn't like. Probably would have kept if it was the Fusion cam. Looks good. What did you use for the VEMs on the riser? Or are they factory pieces?

They are limb saver pieces. They were on the bow when I got it.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Moneyman, Thanks for your support! And I am very glad to see you doing what is best.:D SHOOTING SHOOTING SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch:cool:

Speedykills
06-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Thats a nice one,oldie but goodie......................;)

Destroyer
06-21-2011, 07:27 PM
but now I realize how much I hate my sight

Why? :confused:

Money Man
06-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Destroyer, I hate the sight for many reasons, although I could do something about most of them, it is easier to complain and justify buying a new one. First it is a pendulum and I hate the sight swinging back and forth, second it squeaks and rattles when I shoot, and the set screw is all boogered and it is tough to get where I need it without micro adjustments. And last, the pins are huge and it just seems like they block too much of what I am trying to see.

Destroyer
06-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Sounds like you need a new sight to me!

although I could do something about most of them, it is easier to complain and justify buying a new one.

lol! ;) Doesn't take much for me sometimes. A scratch, a mark, some dirt....

Simple Life
06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
MM the bow looks good,espically that cam;),Strings look great,(don't tell Hutch though lol).

SL