PDA

View Full Version : String to face?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-22-2011, 10:52 AM
If the string is touching your face, when anchored. Is this a form issue or a draw length issue. Or is it both. Or what is it?

Hutch:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Would length of release affect it?

HawgEnvy
06-22-2011, 11:57 AM
it seems to me that it would be the DL too long. I've been shooting better the last few years since I've shortened my DL so my nose just touches the string.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-22-2011, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox9Hcx8OFAM

This shows it quite well just close your eyes when you see the H word

Ehunter
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
I just barely touch my cheek to the string, and place the tip of my nose on the string as well. Anchor my first knuckle behind my ear, and let it fly. Keeping all 3 contact points has helped zero me in better, and makes everything easily repeatable. A string buried in a cheek would make me think the draw is a bit long. Or that the person shooting is moving their head to the bow, not bringing the bow back to their head.

droppixel
06-22-2011, 05:54 PM
I follow the same form. I was shooting with a kisser for a little while and I pulled that off, took a little while to get used to it, but I have string near the corner of my mouth, nose to string and knuckle under the ear.

wscywabbit
06-22-2011, 08:40 PM
@ Ehunter; you use the same anchor points that I do. It does help to keep everything consistent.

I've seen people bury their string into their cheek, and I think it is a dl issue. It also seems that those are the people that don't use the tip of their nose as an anchor, and the string runs down the side of their nose and presses into their cheek...

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Once draw length is set. Then you need to get a release that is sized for you. I used to have a release that was too long. That is why my string touched my face and my anchor point was too far back. Now I have an adjustable release and that has made a great difference.