PDA

View Full Version : Martin Exile

Jake-the-snake
06-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Well holy shnikey's!!!! my local pro-shop finally got martin back in their lineup, however they are only carrying Gold Series bows for now. I went down there today with my cousin who was looking for a new bow, well they had 4 Exile's hanging up, so we grabbed one, and asked if we could shoot it. And WOW. for a gold series bow, this is by far the smoothest bow I have ever pulled back! I will be one to admit that I switched from Martin to Hoyt, but I still love shooting the new Martin's every year. We went to the shop looking for a bow for my cousin that wouldnt break the bank, and now I may have to buy one myself for hunting...Our shop is selling them with a trophy ridge sight (forgot which one, but it's all aluminum construction) NAP Apache rest, Kwikee quiver, stabilizer, and Martin Cap for 430$...Cant beat that for a new shooter!!! My cousin loved the bow and we will probably go and pick it up in the next week...

Being a former Martin owner, I thought I would share this with you...If their low-end Gold series is this good, I cant even imagine their Pro-Series...If Martin keeps putting bows out like this every year, I may have to drop out of the Hoyt Staff program, and pick myself up a Martin again...

I just want to congratulate Martin on 60 years of excellence, and wish them the best for as long as they are able to last in this tough Archery world.

Ford
06-23-2011, 04:36 PM
I have one for sale if your cousin is interested, I have a post with all the details. pm me if your interested

Jake-the-snake
06-23-2011, 05:19 PM
I would, but then again Im a loyal customer to my shop. thanks for the offer.

HawgEnvy
06-24-2011, 08:01 AM
make the switch from Hoyt to Martin. Smoother drawing bows at half the price. Hoyts bows are good but not THAT good. I test shot the Carbon Element and bought a used Cheetah instead. I don't regret it at all. I also traded my AM35 for an Athens Accomplice 34. Again, no regrets. The Darkside is calling....

gravedigger
06-24-2011, 08:13 AM
i took my buddy into a shop to buy his first new bow and with out me saying you should buy a martin i had him shoot a few bows to see what he would want.her started out with a z series mathews and did not care for it,then a bowtech destroyer same thing did not care for it,then a tow or three dirrernt makes of hoyt and did not like it at all.last one he shot was a exile and a ridge hunter,low and behold the exile felt the smothest and the best fit for him,he bought it that day.price was not an issue because he just got a fat tax return and he love his exile.well more so now that he got rid of the trg and sos.and has had no problems with it at all

droppixel
06-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't see myself ever owning something outside the Martin/Rytera family. Only way I can see that is if I win it some sort of giveaway, I would then trade or sell to get another Martin/Rytera ... Why fix what isn't broken? Martin's are way better than most people give them credit for.

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I don't see myself ever owning something outside the Martin/Rytera family. Only way I can see that is if I win it some sort of giveaway, I would then trade or sell to get another Martin/Rytera ... Why fix what isn't broken? Martin's are way better than most people give them credit for. X2 Well said droppixel.

Jake-the-snake
06-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I dont think I'll be switching from Hoyt to Martin for target anytime soon...but I am really considering another Martin for a hunting bow...The last one I had was an '08 Firecat, loved the bow...It was sooo easy to tune and play around with. Now this Exile has me falling all over in love with Martin again

TIGON
06-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Awesome with its short ATA. I will never shoot anything but a Martin.

droppixel
06-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Another thing with the Martins, as stated above, the ease of tuning. It is so easy to work with these that I have spoiled myself with it and can't imagine working with another bow. The fact that you have the flexibility to relax the string on most models without a press is awesome, I was able to change my string myself, first time ever doing it, without any problems. Same thing with cam lean on my top idler wheel, was able to adjust that no problem. It still isn't perfect and I am sure there is more I can do with tuning my bow, but for right now, it is shoot pretty well.

Haven't had the chance to shoot since last week since we had that fire in my garage this week and they took my targets to clean and de-odorize them. As soon as they get back, I have to check some things because the day before I had made some adjustments with my cable and the bottom cam rotation. Need to go back and check center shots, etc. Piece of cake!

Jake-the-snake
06-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Another thing with the Martins, as stated above, the ease of tuning. It is so easy to work with these that I have spoiled myself with it and can't imagine working with another bow. The fact that you have the flexibility to relax the string on most models without a press is awesome, I was able to change my string myself, first time ever doing it, without any problems. Same thing with cam lean on my top idler wheel, was able to adjust that no problem. It still isn't perfect and I am sure there is more I can do with tuning my bow, but for right now, it is shoot pretty well.

Haven't had the chance to shoot since last week since we had that fire in my garage this week and they took my targets to clean and de-odorize them. As soon as they get back, I have to check some things because the day before I had made some adjustments with my cable and the bottom cam rotation. Need to go back and check center shots, etc. Piece of cake!

That is the exact reason I want my 08 firekitty back...I could do whatever I wanted to it however I wanted to, to get it just the way I wanted. that was one of the fastest bows I owned, and THE BEST hunting bow I ever had.

peace
06-25-2011, 10:39 PM

Once you get used to the little extras built into the Martins, the rest lock mount the first time I used it sold me forever on the mindset that thought enough to create it that way. I think I would be disappointed if I had a bow that was not 15# adjustable or needed a bow press just to change strings or tie in a peep. Figure in the great prices and Martin gets my nod.

SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP!

wick
06-26-2011, 07:03 AM
Honestly the exile, I think, is probably the most bang for your buck out of the single cam models. Short and snappy, perfect for those close quarters that you have to deal with in a ground blind or when youre tight in cover. Plus all the specs are right there with the other bows in its catagory. Same everything! Just different virbation modules, which I think ain't that big of a deal. If you get one and want to keep the new TRG I strongly suggest that you spend the extra 20 or so and get the SOS mounted on the TRG. Without it, my shooting string would hit the TRG and it was fraying the serving. Martin sent me a whole new string set, TRG, and rod and slide conversion at no cost. I kept the TRG and SOS on it and I havn't had any problems and I love it. Just keep your string waxed often. Sounds like a good deal there at your shop. Good rest and site on that combo, hard to pass that up.