PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum-Hello everyone! Looking for help.

MR. M
06-24-2011, 05:16 AM
I have recently purchased a used, what I think to be a 2002 Martin Scepter III Magnum-Bow# 0320931. I cannot find any info on this bow, anywhere. Do I have the name wrong possibly? The person I bought it from had no info. The limb tag has the following info:

60-75#
nothing for the draw length
either 48 or 88 for the string (hard to tell by writing)
36 for the cable
bow #0320931

THANKS!

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Welcome Mr. M! As to your bow, the name that you have is correct. Your bow is a 2003 Martin Scepter III. The first two digits of the bow number indicate the year of the bow. Does your bow look like either of these?http://www.martinarchery.com/bows2003/sce-l.htm I'm assuming since you said Magnum that it's the one on the right. If so, you have the SE version. Here are the specs for all versions:http://www.martinarchery.com/bows2003/sce.htm
I hope this helps.

A.S

MR. M
06-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Yep-it's the one on the right! What a great forum!

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2011, 06:11 AM
Glad to help. You have a great bow, that's for sure.:cool: If you need any other help, there are a bunch of great members on here that are willing to help.

A.S

MR. M
06-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Do you know anything other about this bow? Does is get good reviews? How much it might be worth? How to change the draw length? It is in new condition. I paid $80 for it with no accessories. Any other info would be helpful. Thanks A.S.!

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2011, 06:26 AM
Do you know anything other about this bow? Does is get good reviews? How much it might be worth? How to change the draw length? It is in new condition. I paid $80 for it with no accessories. Any other info would be helpful. Thanks A.S.!Well, I don't know how the reviews are, but many think Martin made its best bows back in those years. The Fuzion cam is a great cam, and the finish on the bow also holds up very well. To change the draw length, you simply change the black module. Your Martin dealer should be able to swap it out for you. The price you payed for it is EXCELLENT. I think that it is probably worth around $150, but that's only really an educated guess.

A.S

HawgEnvy
06-24-2011, 06:33 AM
I'd say you got your $80 worth of bow! Welcome to the forum. There's one of those at my pro shop that someone traded in. I wonder what I could get it for. Hmmm

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2011, 06:34 AM
I'd say you got your $80 worth of bow! Welcome to the forum. There's one of those at my pro shop that someone traded in. I wonder what I could get it for. HmmmNow Hawg, you know you probably wouldn't be living much longer if you bought another bow.:p:pLOL

MR. M
06-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Thanks for all the info!

HawgEnvy
06-24-2011, 07:49 AM
Now Hawg, you know you probably wouldn't be living much longer if you bought another bow.:p:pLOL

my wife knows it's only a matter of time before scheme something up to get a nother. I really want the '10 Cheetah, though. There's just something about the Cheetah that really appeals to me. I will have it. You just wait.

gravedigger
06-24-2011, 08:19 AM
my wife knows it's only a matter of time before scheme something up to get a nother. I really want the '10 Cheetah, though. There's just something about the Cheetah that really appeals to me. I will have it. You just wait.

im in the same boat.i was on craigs list last night a found a new in the box 2010 bengal for 295.00.first thing i did was say...hay wife i need 295 for a aniversery gift(did not say who it was for)she says"YOU ARE NOT BUYING ANOTHER BOW".i tryed...

oh and welcome MR.M the the martin forum

Arrow Splitter
06-24-2011, 08:52 AM
LOL You guys are funny.:p :D

HawgEnvy
06-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I'd say she's got you pegged,GD. That's a good price,though. Take her out to diner. Taco Bell will work. Go through the drive through then park to eat. Pull out some candles n set em on the dash board. Tell her she's an amazing woman, thank her for being your wife and tell her how much you appreciate all your stupid obcessions w your bow, and thank her for understanding. Remind her that if it weren't for archery, you might be hangin in the bars and strip joints. You may be surprised where that gets ya! Lol