PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Martin Pantera 45-60# limbs

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Does anybody have an idea what a set of 45-60# Next G1 camo limbs for a 2010 Martin Pantera costs?...and can you order them directly from Martin?3150

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Last I new they were approx. $200. a set. If you have a warranty issue they should replace them free.

Hutch:cool:

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Nah...no issues...just wish I had the 45-60#...the 55-70#'s that are on there are practically new...I know I can back my draw-weight down, but I don't know about timing issues taking 3 or 4 turns out? Thanks for the info Hutch.:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 01:14 PM
If you are looking for limbs keep your eye out on AT classifieds. I have 55-70's but I shoot mine at 65, My son shoots at 63. I had 45-60's and wished I had 55-70's. Now I can adjust to my comfort.
Oh btw who did your strings? They look sharp!

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 01:29 PM
...here's the crazy part...got this bow new in November...shot it for a few months...maybe 500 shots. I was getting really bad peep rotation, and it wasn't even a consistent peep rotation. I checked around and ended up sending the bow to Mike Carter. He built the string set. They are sweet. It's a smooth shooting bow. I've got the limb bolts backed out three turns, but I haven't invested in that set of bow scales yet...so I'm guessing 62-63#?..but yes, Mike did an awesome job on the strings and the tune.

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 01:31 PM
...it's getting ready to have a QAD HDX installed on it also.:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Pantera's have been a solid bow since the beginning. I have always liked them. You are probably right you should be 60 to 64lbs. I build strings as well and I like to see well made strings. And especially good colors like yours.

HawgEnvy
06-24-2011, 01:43 PM
nice setup ya got there. What kinda speeds are you getting? The string colors look nice on it. One day, I hope to have a set of flo green/black for my Cheetah. Yup, one day...

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks Hutch:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 01:45 PM
nice setup ya got there. What kinda speeds are you getting? The string colors look nice on it. One day, I hope to have a set of flo pink/black for my Cheetah. Yup, one day...:rolleyes:

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 01:53 PM
...when I had the bow tuned I think I was told 280 fps with a 394 gr arrow at 70# and 30" DL...I've got a Mathews Monster 6 also, 2009, the first one, with the shallow groove cams...and there's no comparison on the two bows. The Pantera is like I hit my release and the only sound or feedback from the shot is the arrow plunking the target...no vibration, no sound...the Monster, on the other hand, is kind'a like "trying" you the whole time...you KNOW it's there...but it shoots the same arrow 40-50 fps faster...I like both bows, the Martin is a "daily driver".:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 02:33 PM
It is nice to have two bows. I only have one at the present time. But I like it and it shoots well. To me it doesn't matter the brand but its the sport. Right now I have only owned Martins because the ones I have owned were reliable. No matter what I have its fun just shooting it.

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 03:32 PM
I agree...in my experiences, it's hard to beat a Martin...you can spend more money trying, but it's hard to do. I'm going through that phase of wanting to shoot some other bows. I'm thinking about selling the Monster and I've been looking around at some target bows...like you said Hutch, it doesn't really matter what I'm shooting...I just like to shoot.;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah I would look into a target too! Just not sure which one. These guys one here have a lot of experience so when I am ready I will hit them up. But for now shoot what I have and at long ranges it is really accurate.

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 04:07 PM
....yeah man, I have relied alot on some really knowledgeable and nice people on archery talk...really just started looking for info here...sometimes on AT, you've got to sift thru some "attitudes" to get to the info you're looking...the martin tech forum seems to be a lil more latd back.:cool:

HawgEnvy
06-24-2011, 04:20 PM
yeah,we are pretty freakin awesome! Lol. If you guys ever have a chance, shoot some of Athens' line up. You won't be disappointed.

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 04:28 PM
yeah man, I've looked at a few Athens bows...haven't had a chance to shoot one yet, but they look like really nice bows, and I hear a lot of good things about them

Simple Life
06-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Last set of limbs I ordered where under $200 last winter.BTW nice looking bow.

SL

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks Simple Life...yeah, I'll probably order me a 60# set...do you know if you can order them directly from Martin, or do you go througha dealer?:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 05:21 PM
To me you would be better to order them from Martin direct. But with said if you don't do your own work a dealer would be better because the would change the limbs over and cover them by warranty

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 05:30 PM
yeah hutch...I agree about the warranty part...and I'm no bow tech by any stretch, but I would probably order them from martin and do it myself...I don't own a bow scale, but i got a press...that's priorities, hehehe. I really want to do that $169 draw table...then I puchase a bow scale...my list of "wants" grows every day:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Well it is a good thing Martin's bows don't need a bow press. I have one but only for the quickness of string changing. What draw table are you looking at?

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 05:46 PM
...now don't laugh at me, but i was looking at the $169 "build it yourself"...think its a $130 ryobi router table from lowes with a $30 winch from harbor freight and a few other misc parts...saw it in the gadget section of AT...;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
...now don't laugh at me, but i was looking at the $169 "build it yourself"...think its a $130 ryobi router table from lowes with a $30 winch from harbor freight and a few other misc parts...saw it in the gadget section of AT...;)I have seen it. Has anyone perfected it yet. I have a homemade one that has worked flawlessly for 2 to 3 years now. It cost me about $60. Take a look at the link on the bottom of my signature. If I made it again I would make it as a break down.

Destroyer
06-24-2011, 05:54 PM
So what is the big deal about backing the limbs out? :confused:

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Hutch...meant to ask you that...I've heard that you didn't need a press for Martins...so the limb bolts allow you to get enough slack to remove the string/cable set?

gravedigger
06-24-2011, 06:05 PM
So what is the big deal about backing the limbs out? :confused:

i would have to say it takes more time to back them out then to use a press.but i would rather spend 5 min backing them out insted of spending $ on a press

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Destroyer...I don't know that it's a big deal...but I'd always heard that a compound bow was the most efficient when the limbs were maxed out or close to maxed out...and hey, i don't know that at my skill level i could tell the difference?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Hutch...meant to ask you that...I've heard that you didn't need a press for Martins...so the limb bolts allow you to get enough slack to remove the string/cable set?All you have to do is back out the limb bolts evenly. When you see the bolts in the barrel nuts look for the end of them and the string should be limp enough to do your work.

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 06:09 PM
so gravediggermtv...you back the limb bolts almost all the way out...maybe one turn left?...and you can remove the string?

gravedigger
06-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Hutch...meant to ask you that...I've heard that you didn't need a press for Martins...so the limb bolts allow you to get enough slack to remove the string/cable set?

yep you can back out the limb bolts out to slack the string.make sure you only do 1 to 2 turns per limb bolt at a time to make sure you stay even.

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 06:18 PM
thanks Hutch...now thats a cool drawing table, and also good to know about martins about the limb bolts...i can see where it'd be a lil faster with the press, but its still nice to know if you didn't have a press available:cool:

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 06:25 PM
thanks gravediggermtv...good info:cool:

Destroyer
06-24-2011, 06:35 PM
but i would rather spend 5 min backing them out instead of spending $ on a press

I like all my bows to have that ability, no press needed. The only time I prefer the press is for aligning the peep.

Destroyer...I don't know that it's a big deal...but I'd always heard that a compound bow was the most efficient when the limbs were maxed out or close to maxed out...and hey, i don't know that at my skill level i could tell the difference?

Old wives tail, some can make less noise maxed out but that's about it. By backing out the limbs a few turns on a heavier bow you can get the draw weight up a bit compared to maxed out lower draw weight bow. As an example, your 70# dropped to 65# will be faster than a 60# maxed and it won't take much more effort to draw compared to the 60#.

The only time you might have trouble is if you back the limbs out too much. I usually keep it to 3 turns off bottom max but that is personal preference.

:)

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 07:05 PM
so, lets say I got a new bow string...I draw it a few times to locate my peep, if I don't know my dimension. if the location where my peep sits on the string has it facing 90 degrees off, I can maybe add a half twist or take one out depending on my ata and brace height dimensions?...and if I back my limb bolts out...cuz I need a break from 70#, and this shortens my ata and I guess depending on the limb design increases my brace height...I could add a twist to get my ata and brace height back to spec?...am I even in the ballpark?...still a greenhorn:D

...i do appreciate the info...guess i could buy a book

Destroyer
06-24-2011, 07:25 PM
if I back my limb bolts out...cuz I need a break from 70#, and this shortens my ata and I guess depending on the limb design increases my brace height

Lets say that you back the limb bolts off two turns each (equal), the brace height and ATA change very little, not enough to worry about and the draw weight drops to under 65# (usually 3 - 4# per turn). Trying to get your bow back to the same specs as max will mess things up. I would just back it off until you find a good comfortable draw weight. You might find that 65# is good or that you need to go further. The best thing is it doesn't cost anything to find out.

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 07:35 PM
thanks destroyer...yeah, I will go to over-thinking sometimes...my martin with 55-70# limbs is comfortable at about 63-65#, so I guess thats about 2 and half turns...but I have 50-60# limbs on my monster 6...have 60-70#s too, but I like to shoot 40-50 shots at a time and those humps on those cams whooped me down...thanks again, I'll keep it simple:cool:

gravedigger
06-24-2011, 07:42 PM
befor i broke my jaw and right hand in march i was shooting 73 lbs,i turned my bow down to 55 lbs and all i had to do was adjust my sight.as of now im at 67 lbs and working back to 73 lbs.i had no issues doing this

wut4dude
06-24-2011, 07:52 PM
thanks gravediggermtv...bummer about your jaw...wife of a buddy of mine got drunk at a party last weekend...tripped and fell on her face...broke her jaw...wired shut now...she's a probation officer...didn't go over to well at work, hehehe:cool: