PDA

View Full Version : a opionion needed

polaris754
06-26-2011, 01:41 AM
I was trying to find out from folks that had the cable rod ,and changed up to the new TRG , I was thinkin about changein mine over ,but I wanted a little feed back , Dose it require any special maintenance, Is it difficult to set up or tune ? , without STRING SUPPRESSOR , will it make my bow louder , as i do not have one on it ,its a saber 08 acutrack cam lol and old but still wacks a arrow great ! mike

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Don't bother, the TRG is still having problems and has not been perfected yet.

Hutch:cool:

cjchasman
06-26-2011, 02:45 AM
From posts I've read and pics I've seen I would hold off a while. I generally encourage technology based advancements but in this case there are some bugs to be worked out. I do not have the system on my bow; this is just based on observation. Sometimes change is not advancement.:)

cj

Speedykills
06-26-2011, 02:48 AM
From posts I've read and pics I've seen I would hold off a while. I generally encourage technology based advancements but in this case there are some bugs to be worked out. I do not have the system on my bow; this is just based on observation. Sometimes change is not advancement.:)

cj

Ditto..............

Simple Life
06-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Wait awhile Polaris,as the others have stated,there is some minor problems with the system,I have one and had no problems at first,but I am starting to see string wear,went to the shop and the new replacement cable slide and rod is on the way.

SL

HawgEnvy
06-26-2011, 06:25 AM
from what I can tell, Martin should take a hard look at Athens' TRG/SOS that's used on the Affliction. My opinion is from reading reviews and seeing pics of both. I've not had any hands on experience w either system.

wick
06-26-2011, 07:11 AM
I would hold off too. Some love it and some dispise it. I don't know the percentages of each since you seem to hear from people who are upset more than people that are content. but with that said I would play it safe and wait to see what direction Martin will go with its system. But if you can't contain yourself and want to experiment with it any way I would get the SOS on it too. My shooting string would occasionally strike the TRG without it and it strarted to fray the serving a little.

Destroyer
06-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Forget the TRG, I kinda don't like it. ;)

Arrow Splitter
06-26-2011, 04:40 PM

cjX3:cool:

A.S

peace
06-26-2011, 06:28 PM
don't bother, the trg is still having problems and has not been perfected yet.

Hutch:cool:

x2,3,4,....

steelersaz
06-27-2011, 06:48 AM
I am about 99% sure I am taking my TRG/SOS system off of my new Ridge Hunter....I have about 200 shots on my bow and my string (in the TRG area) looks like it has over 1000 shots on it I'm told. I would stay away from that setup for now.

polaris754
06-27-2011, 01:38 PM
thanks guys just what i needed to hear the old is in the new is out , i guess i am stayin with the old rod thingy

Ford
06-29-2011, 08:22 AM
I would avoid it like I would avoid a girl with herpes. Seriously only get the trg if you want to replace your string and cables in a month. The sos does quiet it down noticeably. But you cant use a kisser with the sos, and my sos tore in a month of shooting, maybe 300 arrows? And it tore where it mounts not where the string hits. I would honestly stay away, your cable guard works fine now, stick with it, if you want a string supressor I've read good things about the sims, and they have one that mounts to your stabilizer bushing in the front of the bow if you dont have a hole in the back of the riser. My exile doesnt have a hole in the back of the riser for a string supressor like previous years. Wish it was an option, I think it looks cleaner. by the way, I bought a sims string supressor for 40, martin will charge twenty something for the sos and 10 for shipping. Pay 10 more and get the sims.
Just my two cents. (from personal experience)
As a side note, just so you know I'm not bashing anyone. I love the idea, and the science behind the trg system. I think its smart forward thinking, and I like seeing companys take a risk now and again to advance the sport. Thats why I paid 100 dollars more to get the 2011 with these new features, which I now regret. If I would have bought the 2010 model I would have saved money, not had these issues and would sing martins praise from the roof top. Just after my personal experience I think its executed poorly, and doesnt work. I dont like the placement of the sos either from the previously mentioned reasons.
Martin makes great bows, very adjustable, easy to tune. My only complaint is the trg and sos system. otherwise there great. Please dont repeat my mistakes.