PDA

View Full Version : offset cable rod and slide for alien x

xr650rider
06-26-2011, 06:01 AM
i was thinking of changing my alien x ccs to a offset cable rod and slide to lessen cable angle going into the cams. my nearest martin dealer is 35 miles away and i was just wondering if i could buy what i needed from the martin website or do i have to go to the dealer and order from them and wait and make 2 trips totaling 140 miles round trip?

archerx7
06-26-2011, 07:08 AM
The part # for the required bracket is CG4, the straight carbon rod is CG7C, the steel offset rod is CG5 but you have to specify 8" or 9" length. Any standard 3/8" slide will work but Martins part is BP50. I'm almost certain that these can't be ordered on Martins online sight, but can be ordered through any dealer. Why not just call your local shop and have them order and ship the parts instead of driving ?

Speedykills
06-26-2011, 07:39 AM
The part # for the required bracket is CG4, the straight carbon rod is CG7C, the steel offset rod is CG5 but you have to specify 8" or 9" length. Any standard 3/8" slide will work but Martins part is BP50. I'm almost certain that these can't be ordered on Martins online sight, but can be ordered through any dealer. Why not just call your local shop and have them order and ship the parts instead of driving ?

These came with my alien x so this is what you will need as far as parts go.