PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Saber concern......

88notchback
01-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi all,
I ordered a 2007 Saber a few weeks ago that is stiil not herer yet.
My concern is on another web fourm I did some looking on has some posts of A Saber that the riser broke below the grip area. Posts said that people have seen this many times and is has me with cold feet.
I am new to this fourm and would be thankful of any info on this matter.

I think I saw Joelc on this forum who is a Martin Tech and he did answer some questions.

Thanks....:confused:

selil
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Riser failures occur. To every OEM. The main culprit is dry fires, firing to light of an arrow, and finally flaws in manufacturing. A dry fire doesn't require somebody to do something stupid. A string coming apart can lead to a dry fire and creating damage that can't be seen. In the search of speed many people shoot to light of an arrow creating a situation where either the arrow fails or riser/limbs can fail. Especially after repeated abuse. Long ago some risers were poured and then machined. Most risers now are machined from block so hidden flaws have become "legend" rather the current concerns. Try to remember there have been some classic failures that have occurred at competitions so 500 people standing around watching 1 failure gets blown out of proportion. Also, what model, OEM, year, arrow, type, etc.. of bow are they talking about? Any compound bow is a violent piece of multiple moving items involving inertia, torque, thrust, binding, and speed. What appears to be a silent inert process is actually quite violent. As I said riser failures occur. I doubt if you follow the rules your 2007 Saber would ever fail in normal service.

montanacur
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I have an 05' saber and have never worried about that happening. I think maybe 2 people have had it happen. the ratio looks pretty good when you consider how many limbs blow up on other bow company bows. ;)

88notchback
01-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys.
I think I am just reading too deep into posts on the AT fourm.
I still do not have it and it is going on a month.
Thanks again:rolleyes:

montanacur
02-01-2007, 03:55 AM
Have confidence in the bow. I really like mine and don't ever have any worries something like that will happen. In fact, I've used three different risers on my bow due to another issue that martin has since fixed (so it won't affect you) and had no troubles with them breaking or bending. :)

L.O.T.10R
02-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I shoot martin saber for about 1 year, which I bought on january 2006. last 2 weeks, I let my friend try it, since I saw he have interest in archery. So, he try to pull it to see if he can carry the poundage I shoot. Unfortunately, he slip his finger, and that's it, just 1 dry fire and it's ending everything. riser broke right below grip. I have the pics with me.. pm me if you want to see the pics. I didn't put it here because it will give bad name to martin. I suggest go to another model, aluminum riser will be best choice. go for bengal, cheetah or pantera, you will not regret.

88notchback
02-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Have you contacted Martin about this. There customer service is rated highly. that is why I decided on a Martin.
The will do you right from what I here.
I just got mine yesterday finaly. Can,t shoot it yet becouse it is about -14 deg outside right now.

smarpo
02-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Have you contacted Martin about this. There customer service is rated highly. that is why I decided on a Martin.
The will do you right from what I here.
I just got mine yesterday finaly. Can,t shoot it yet becouse it is about -14 deg outside right now.
Don't let the cold stop you, if you can handle it the bow will. I've been shooting all winter the only thing that stops me is when it gets above freezing the range gets muddy and I fell pretty hard once, held my bow up so it didn't hit hard though.

spud4
02-05-2007, 06:17 AM
I loved my saber:D . It blew apart today:mad: . I will get another one:cool: .