PDA

View Full Version : Whisker Biscuits???

mysnake12
01-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Can someone tell me what is so great about a "Whisker Biscuit"? I am just curious...is it the simplicity of them and or the stability of the arrow at rest and or the cost??? What is it? I see over and over again, that people are equiped with this arrow rest! Insight please!!!!

Bellows1
01-27-2007, 02:46 AM
They are simple to use, easy to set up and hold an arrow very securely.

I don't like them personally, but they do work well.

eelriver
01-28-2007, 06:19 PM
WB was recommended to me by my pro shop as a hunting rest. Holds arrow as you move bow in whatever attitude you need for hunting. However, I'm curious: What kind of fps do you scrub off with the biscuit?:confused:

karl4hand
01-31-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm a fan of the whisker biscuit. I shot 7 deer this year with my bow. I didn't feel like I lost any fps and I could keep my arrow loaded during the hunt without it clanking or falling off. During the shot, it gives you one less thing to think about (securing the arrow on the rest).

mysnake12
02-01-2007, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the insight on Carolina Wisker Biscuits...I am impressed that you have had such great success!!!! Wished I could hunt in several States in this Union...but as of yet that is not possible for me...just have (1)deer; (1)elk; (1) black bear; (1) mountain lion; (3)turkey in this state of Idaho...however I appreciate your voice of opinion...helps me understand really why whisker biscuits are so popular...I am still thinking about it....

IGluIt4U
02-08-2007, 11:10 PM
The biscuit actually only causes a couple fps speed loss.. the arrow shaft does not touch the id of the biscuit. It only rests on it, with clearance around the sides and top.. the only thing that really touches or drags on the bristles, is the fletching as it passes thru, and it's speed loss is pretty insignificant.

I use em on my hunting bows.. I like the containment, as I rest my bow in my lap often in stand, and snake and weave it thru brush as I stalk and don't EVER have to worry about the arrow falling off the rest.. It's always there.. :D :wink:

IGluIt4U
02-20-2007, 10:29 AM
WB was recommended to me by my pro shop as a hunting rest. Holds arrow as you move bow in whatever attitude you need for hunting. However, I'm curious: What kind of fps do you scrub off with the biscuit?:confused:
About 2-3 fps... pretty insignificant.. :D

eelriver
02-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the information. You are right on with your answer. Since posting my question, I have had a chance to shoot the bow through a graph. I lost 2 fps vs. a drop away. Love the biscuit.

bengal1
03-09-2007, 10:01 AM
yeah i didn't want to go with one b/c it looked pretty tacky, but after hunting season that totally changed my view on the WB. it kept my arrow on the bow without it falling off or making loud noises when i was hunting, ( a problem i had with other arrow rests.:D

martinbobcat
03-16-2007, 04:43 PM
i've been using mine for over 4 years now. love the thing. number 1, i use an API climber and when i'm sitting, i lay my bow on the padded front rail of the stand and with the w/b i never have to worry about the arrow clanging around or moving. number 2, it's accurate as hell, never had any problems with accuracy. number 3, i don't shoot any deer over 30 yds. and 30 yds. is pushing it, so the very few fps. that it does take away, it's really not that big of a deal for me. the only thing that i noticed is that it will eat up your fletchings on your practice arrows after a while, however, it does take a while.

and i will be using one on my new martin with the lock mount!!!! :)