PDA

View Full Version : While at a shoot with my martin.......

whman
06-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,
I attended a very informal "shoot" near my home this week-end that had a pretty good attendance. Shooting was out of doors at bales with targets, and of course, there was every brand of bow in attendance.....especially represented by the big three. Well, I had my Bengal and Warthog with me, and did pretty well, but the purpose of my e-mail is to state that of the bows there, I preferred my Martins to any of them. I had a chance to try a number of bows out, and frankly, none had the smooth feel and just right balance in my hands. I know that there's been a lot of flaming of Martin lately, even on this site. Heck, I've been frustrated by my Warthog, too, but I have to tell you, I don't think that there's a better bow out there. Part of the reason for my post is to maybe make up for some of the comments that I've made that were born of my frustration at some repeated tackle failures, but overall, I don't think that you can do much better than a bow from Martin or their new spin off company, Alien. Saying that their price is right sounds like your saying that it's a good, cheap bow, and that's not what I'm saying. What I mean is that they're simply a great bow, period, regardless of the price. Anyway, I don't work for Martin.....just a customer, and after reading some comments recently by a few souls that have had a bad experience, thought that I'd just add a little real, heartfelt kudo's that I think Martin deserves. Anyway.....good shooting!

Simple Life
06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Good post whman,I think alot of the members here get frustrated a bit with our bows,and come here just to vent(including me),but in the end Martin takes care of us and our problems.Martin does produce fine bows and at good price.

SL

Arrow Splitter
06-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I agree with you guys. Martin is an excellent company.

A.S

HawgEnvy
06-27-2011, 01:37 PM
Martin Rules!...when Athens is on the wall.

polaris754
06-27-2011, 01:47 PM
go go go martin !!!!!!!!!!!! yep yep i like mine ,and good thoughts on the bad rape martins have no diff erent problems then the others , above the normal hoop lla martins DOES STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCT . mike

Arrow Splitter
06-27-2011, 02:38 PM
Martin Rules!...when Athens is on the wall.So your an Athens Loyalist huh? That's just not cool.:mad::mad: LOL:p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-27-2011, 03:08 PM
No matter what Martin is still a good company for the price. And the customer service.

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
06-27-2011, 08:07 PM
So your an Athens Loyalist huh? That's just not cool.:mad::mad: LOL:p

I love my Athens. That's going to be the next string set you build for me.

NeilMac
06-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm not a fan boy, but I am a fan. I shot Martin bows for a long time, until the UK importer retired. I then searched for a new 40" AtA bow and settled on Bowtech for a while; when they dropped the Constitution I knew I would be bow hunting again in a few years, and now I have come full circle to the Shadowcat, which is an extremely good finger shooting bow with the 2011 model being probably the easiest 'fast' bow to live with that I have ever owned.

whman
06-28-2011, 04:43 AM
Good Morning Hutch,
My meaning was that Martin is a fine bow, period. The fact that they sell them for a fair price doesn't diminish their quality. Wish that they'd re-introduce a good, durable laminated limb, though......and the great target bows like the Scepter that set them apart from the rest of the companies. Anyway, glad to have what we've got....even with the few warts that crop up every once in a while. Take care all.

Arrow Splitter
06-28-2011, 06:43 AM
I love my Athens. That's going to be the next string set you build for me.That's just sad.:(LOL
Seriously, I do like some of the Bowtech/Diamond line, but I'll probably always shoot Martin because at least after buying a Martin I won't be in bankruptcy.:cool:

A.S

HawgEnvy
06-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Athens is similar to Martin in a way. They don't advertise, so they're pretty unknown except to the lucky ones that have had the pleasure of shooting them. Since there an "off-brand", they can be had for cheap. A 2010(like I've got) can be had for the same price,sometimes less than a Cheetah,Bengal,etc. For a bow of that quality at that price, w the real world speed(chrono'd by PO @ 297fps max wt 62.3#),silky smooth draw,solid wall,easy to tune, splittin hairs on a flys *** at 40yds....i could go on and on. I love my Athens and my Cheetah. I won't be w/o either of them. If your in the market for another bow,or aren't happy w the Martins like a few on here that have ranted about and want another brand, SHOOT AN ATHENS! Trust me,youll LOVE it.

cyclepath
06-30-2011, 10:01 AM
I don't really have a problem with my martin, even though I have had problems with my martin. To be honest I don't think the rep on their compounds are founded. Yes they have a good price and good bows, although not very accurate stats for them. You can't get close to the advertised speed which is something that people expect from a fast bow. I really enjoy shooting my firecat and am getting decent speed although not what others are getting with bows advertised with lower fps. I have to say that I probably enjoy shooting my viper alittle more than the firecat but I've always enjoyed shooting traditional more I think. Martins quality has never been in question with their trad bows and fetch a high price which people are willing to pay. My viper costs 150 dollars more than a firecat 400 and more than some other bows as well. I think people who shoot martin trad stuff would get very upset if they have a problem with any martin bow compound or otherwise. At some point I will upgrade to a newer bow and will look at different make bows but for now I'm happy with what I have.