PDA

View Full Version : Martin Cheetah '09

Irish Sitka
06-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I have a question:
I shoot a Cheetah and the DL is 28", I put a No.4 mod on it.
I had a No5 on it and am wondering which is the better one to install?
I had to increase the DL a little with the 4 on it?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Frank.

gravedigger
06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
i would ave to say what ever one feels best to you.i kind of went through the same thing with my bengal,i just went with what felt best and it was a #4 for me

Destroyer
06-28-2011, 05:48 PM
I had to increase the DL a little with the 4 on it?

It depends on what result you want. If you go to the #5 module you will have to shorten the draw, which will reduce the draw weight and speed somewhat. How did you adjust the draw to go longer?

HawgEnvy
06-28-2011, 06:08 PM
welcom to the forum. Yet another Cheetah owner. Woo hoo! I've got a 28.5" DL. F5 mod on the #1 post. Try the F5 mod on the #2 post. You should be good to go. F4 mod is 27",F5 is 28". The #1 and #2 posts are 1/2" adjustments. If it's close at either setting,you could twist/untwist the string to fine tune.

Irish Sitka
06-28-2011, 10:33 PM
welcom to the forum. Yet another Cheetah owner. Woo hoo! I've got a 28.5" DL. F5 mod on the #1 post. Try the F5 mod on the #2 post. You should be good to go. F4 mod is 27",F5 is 28". The #1 and #2 posts are 1/2" adjustments. If it's close at either setting,you could twist/untwist the string to fine tune.

I tune the bow myself and at the moment the ATA and BH are exactly right.
I put a level on the wheel on the top limb and that is vertical.
Very little cam lean and it is driving tacks, I don't want to twist the string in case I put anything else out.
I got a longer DL on the 4 mod?
Love this bow, I have a Code Red and an Axcel Armortech HD 5 pin on it.

Irish Sitka
06-28-2011, 10:36 PM
It depends on what result you want. If you go to the #5 module you will have to shorten the draw, which will reduce the draw weight and speed somewhat. How did you adjust the draw to go longer?

On the 4 mod I felt I was not getting the string down the side of my mouth and moved the draw stop on the cam.
It feels good now.
I will fire some more with it tonight.