PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Screw/Broken Allen?

droppixel
06-29-2011, 07:08 AM
How would you go about fixing this?

http://i52.tinypic.com/24zj680.png

Not my bow, something I have seen and it is currently on the bay.

Sharxfan
06-29-2011, 07:27 AM
If you have a Harbor Freight near you you can buy stripped screw extractors for pretty cheap or you could try cutting a groove with a dremel and make it a straight slot screwdriver head and then buy a replacement once it is out.

HawgEnvy
06-29-2011, 10:12 AM
If you have a Harbor Freight near you you can buy stripped screw extractors for pretty cheap or you could try cutting a groove with a dremel and make it a straight slot screwdriver head and then buy a replacement once it is out.

yeah. What he said. It shouldn't be that tight to begin with. When you get it out, don't repeat that mistake.

Destroyer
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Cut a slot like Sonny & Sharxfan said. The screw is in alloy and wont take much to remove as long as your careful. Put some tape around it to help protect the cam while cutting. I wouldn't try an 'easyout' or extractor, the bolt will be very hard to drill correctly.

droppixel
06-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Good to know. It is fixable at least. Going to keep my eye on this rig for a while and see what the guy does with it. I might be in a position to make a move here hopefully.