PDA

View Full Version : Show off your shooting setups Pictures required

vermonter
06-29-2011, 08:21 AM
So I apologize if this has been done here before. I am interested in Ideas on shooting setups. Therefore a thread where you can show yours off might just help me. Please post pictures along with whatever construction/ layout tips you have. I will post mine when I get home.

Vermonter

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Martin Bengal 2010

Hutch:cool:

vermonter
06-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Lol when I said shooting setups I meant home target setups not the actual bows. Lol nice pics though n

HawgEnvy
06-29-2011, 03:32 PM
oh,so I brought my post to the top of the page for nothing? Too bad! Now you gotta look at it. "my new Cheetah". It's not new. It's an '08 that I just refinished a couple weeks ago. I've got a set of flo green/black string from Hutch coming tomorrow(fingers crossed). Then it's almost done. Still deciding on what to do with the limbs. Right now they're just black.

as for targets,ive got two 3D deer targets set at 25 and 35yds. Then I've got what's left of a Mckenzie shotblocker at 10yds off my front porch so when I'm having coffee I can shoot to keep my form and smooth release.

Speedykills
06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Lol when I said shooting setups I meant home target setups not the actual bows. Lol nice pics though n

I just use a old merrel bag target laying against a small round bale..........................

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I have 60 yrd max in the yard

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 03:56 PM
A little to the left SL and you will be able to gut the garage.

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
A little to the left SL and you will be able to gut the garage.

Well for kicks ,I like to back up the car and roll down the windows and take shots through it:rolleyes:

Arrow Splitter
06-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Well for kicks ,I like to back up the car and roll down the windows and take shots through it:rolleyes:Please, Please tell me you're joking.LOL

gravedigger
06-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Well for kicks ,I like to back up the car and roll down the windows and take shots through it:rolleyes:

now thats how a guy gets ready for a hunt.if you can shoot through(not shoot out) the windows and hityour target your good to go.talk about buck feaver.

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Just kidding,wife would kick me in the ...but Brad feel free to bring your car up and we will give it a try:p

Arrow Splitter
06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Just kidding,wife would kick me in the ...but Brad feel free to bring your car up and we will give it a try:pUnder one condition, if an arrow hits my car, I get your Charger.:D:D

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Under one condition, if an arrow hits my car, I get your Charger.:D:D

And the payments;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 04:12 PM
We build a few of these and stick them out there. We have a 70yard set on the side of the house and sixty yards on the front.

HUTCH:cool:

Arrow Splitter
06-29-2011, 04:13 PM
And the payments;)Alright, you got me LOL.:D I'll just stick with my Chevy Cavalier and no payments.:cool:

Sorry Vermonter, we got a little off topic.LOL

Speedykills
06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
We build a few of these and stick them out there. We have a 70yard set on the side of the house and sixty yards on the front

So how and what do you make those from!

vermonter
06-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Are we advocating or not advocating the shooting through of the car windows. If so I propose a quad. Through the truck windows and the subaru windows. Hell well even go out the back window of the house while we are at it lol.

I was waiting for pictures of 3d targets everywhere different shooting stages and maybe a windmill miniature golf style gorilla shot while we are at it.

Thanks Guys lets keep em coming

Vermonter

HawgEnvy
06-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Please, Please tell me you're joking.LOL

no! Please tell me your not. I've taken a deer at 36yds shooting through my truck windows. It was in my stupid younger days MUCH later than legal hunting ours. I had my bow at work 2nd shift, so you could practice on my break. I came home n headed for the coffee. I went out to get the bow out of the truck and there were 5 does walking the edge of the cornfield at the edge of my drive way. In a slowed hurry I pulled out the bow,nocked an arrow and waited for a minute. Fresh snow and a full moon,i could see them like it was daybreak. I took the shot on the biggest doe. She ran 40-ish yds and piled up 20ft behind my burn pit in the field. 223lbs dressed. Alotta meat n I got to sleep in the next morning.

droppixel
06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Martin Bengal 2010

How you feel about the leeches on the cables? I have a spare set from when I put whiskers on and was wondering about putting them on. Not sure if it will make much more of a difference with noise and any speed loss.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-30-2011, 12:54 AM
So how and what do you make those from!Do a search on targets. There is a thread that should explain it. If not pm me and I will hook you up.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-30-2011, 12:57 AM
How you feel about the leeches on the cables? I have a spare set from when I put whiskers on and was wondering about putting them on. Not sure if it will make much more of a difference with noise and any speed loss.They help somewhat, as far as speed goes I don't think they have any effect. I have nothing on my new string now and its like holding a tuning fork.

vermonter
06-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Common guys show some pics of a really elaborate shooting range setup you have. With all the time spent shooting I am sure there are more than a few crazy setups out there. If not maybe I'll have to build one to satisfy my own need to see one.

Vermonter

Arrow Splitter
06-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Common guys show some pics of a really elaborate shooting range setup you have. With all the time spent shooting I am sure there are more than a few crazy setups out there. If not maybe I'll have to build one to satisfy my own need to see one.

VermonterThere are probably others, but you'll have to wait because not all the members here are on everyday like me.LOL

vermonter
06-30-2011, 07:13 AM
A.S.
I have to admit as I have been shooting the new bow every day I am becoming addicted to this as well. I run a decent bit of business online especially this time of year so lately this has been one of many screens that have been open. Once I decide to take something seriously I immerse myself in it and become hooked for a spell. There are worse things we could all be doing on the internet after all aren't there? LOL

Vermonter

wscywabbit
06-30-2011, 07:39 AM
A.S.
I have to admit as I have been shooting the new bow every day I am becoming addicted to this as well. I run a decent bit of business online especially this time of year so lately this has been one of many screens that have been open. Once I decide to take something seriously I immerse myself in it and become hooked for a spell. There are worse things we could all be doing on the internet after all aren't there? LOL

Vermonter

Ha, its easy to do ain't it? I work out of a bucket truck and have mobile internet for linking to the office, doing job research, and system monitoring. Its easy to just leave the forum up on another tab and check in from time to time lol.

But for the main topic, I don't have any pics, I can get one though... I currently shoot at a friend's house, and he has a 60 yd range set up, marked from 20 yds out. At the business end is a large merril bag target that gets the most attention, and next to it is a delta deer target. I also find that I shoot better at the 3d target than the bag, and it has to do with a type of target panic; we subconsciously relax on the deer because there are no "spots", just a general area we need to hit. I do better on the bag when I try to focus on the "center of the center of the center" of whatever dot I'm shooting at... "aim small, miss small". I also found it helps if I take one of those florescent orange target dots and stick to one of the dots, so that it "stands out" from all the other dots on the bag and makes it easier to concentrate on. Hope this all helps! And good shooting!

vermonter
06-30-2011, 09:00 AM
I understand the concept however I don't understand why I have never experienced this while shooting a firearm of any sort. I am no IDPA world champ or anything but I can achieve a nice group around the bullseye with almost anything that goes bang. I have always had my shots how I wanted them on deer with a gun but it isn't like they make deer targets that stand up to .270 all day.

Vermonter