PDA

View Full Version : What my bow has dust on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Well I finally got to go out to shoot from my treestand. I wanted to practice from this new ladder stand. I picked up my bow and it had dust on it.:mad: That is just not right. Been very busy lately. On the other hand I did hit the mark every time. And it wasn't easy since I put the ladder stand in all the branches. Just for the challenge. I did think it was very cool shooting that way. I also moved the target all sorts of configurations. The most difficult shot was when the wind blew the tree around and I had to compensate. Well the one thing I learned is the dust has to go.:D

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
my strings are done and shipped,now. Go ahead and take some time off. You deserve it. I just wish they'd get here. Maybe tomorrow.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 12:14 PM
my strings are done and shipped,now. Go ahead and take some time off. You deserve it. I just wish they'd get here. Maybe tomorrow.Take a deeeeeeeeeeep breath exhale. We shipped them Monday and you haven't got them. I have a tracking number I'll check.

I'll have to practice from the ladder stand a couple times a week. Just to get the real hang of it. I used a blind for many years. Now it is a whole new ball game.

HawgEnvy
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
oh you've been missing out. Elevated stands are a blast. Amazing field of view. How high are you? I started w a 15ft ladder stand. After a couple years it felt too low, so I bought hang-ons and went to 18ft. That's a comfy level for me now. I've had to hunt at 22ft before just to have some cover in one location, but 18ft is optimal for me. I like to hunt where there's cover. So I've used 10ft ladder stand w huge success. The higher you are the harder the angle is. The couple times I hunted at 22ft.,i ended up spine shooting three doe that year. I hate doing that!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 01:34 PM
I am up 17ft and it is great. I can see everything I need to, even through the trees. Blind hunting isn't bad but I wanted a bunch of different avenues. I modified the stand for a bow holder. And made a custom holder.

HawgEnvy
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM
sounds like we're going opposite directions this season. Since all my stands were stolen last season, I'm planning on hunting from brush blinds this year.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 02:44 PM
You will do well in a blind. I usually put mine out in August. that way the deer get use to it.

Destroyer
06-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I picked up my bow and it had dust on it.That is just not right.

No its not Mr Hutch. Won't see any dust on my bows! :mad:

(I have them in a wardrobe so they won't get dust on them lol! ;))

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 03:56 PM
my strings are done and shipped,now. Go ahead and take some time off. You deserve it. I just wish they'd get here. Maybe tomorrow.

Whoa...............take some tome off when mine get done;)

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 03:58 PM
I am up 17ft and it is great. I can see everything I need to, even through the trees. Blind hunting isn't bad but I wanted a bunch of different avenues. I modified the stand for a bow holder. And made a custom holder.

Always a little leary about a ground blind,can't see behind me,and I probably look like a sandwich in a ziplock baggy to a bear lol:eek:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-29-2011, 04:00 PM
The bear you are holding!!!!!:rolleyes:
BTW I can see 360 in my blind.

Hutch

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 04:03 PM
The bear you are holding!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hutch

That bear don't have teeth:p

Arrow Splitter
06-29-2011, 04:04 PM
That bear don't have teeth:pBut it shoots razors.:cool:

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 04:06 PM
But it shoots razors.:cool:

I just don't think I could shoot four Bears that quick with a bow,but the pump action................................:D

Arrow Splitter
06-29-2011, 04:07 PM
I just don't think I could shoot four Bears that quick with a bow,but the pump action................................:DNothing like a little firepower.:cool::cool:

Simple Life
06-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Nothing like a little firepower.:cool::cool:

Always like that little feeling of security with it.

peace
06-30-2011, 01:34 AM
Always a little leary about a ground blind,can't see behind me,and I probably look like a sandwich in a ziplock baggy to a bear lol:eek:
Hysterical, laughed so hard I hurt.:D