PDA

View Full Version : STS how does it work on the exile?

Ford
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Hey guys,
Joel from martin sent an sts rod to help with my sos issues. I have the regular cable guard on the exile now. Does the sts replace the cable rod? I thought the original sts mounted behind the riser, just behind the stabilizer. Any thoughts? they sent a rob with a few screws, so I figure it has to replace the cable slide rod. Fill me in please. new to martin, and my only experience is the 2011s.
Thanks guys.

Speedykills
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes your right it should fit behind stab,isnt there a hole there,then allen screws go into side of hole to hold the rod in place.

Ehunter
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Speedy is right. If no mounting hole in the riser behind the stabilizer, there'll be a cutout in the side of the riser. The rod goes in there, and the mounting screws lock down against the side of it.

Ford
06-30-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm at work so I cant check right now, but is the cut out near the stabilizer hole? the only one I remember is the same cut out my cable slide rod goes. There is no hole in the back of the riser by the stabilizer. I tried to explain this to Joel from martin but he said it would work. I dunno. I'm not overly concerned about it, but would like it to work if it will.

Arrow Splitter
06-30-2011, 07:31 AM
I just saw the Exile in an upclose video, and I didn't see any place for the STS.

gravedigger
06-30-2011, 07:57 AM
my buddy has a exile and ther is no place for a sts at all