PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for new subforums

Destroyer
07-01-2011, 12:08 AM
I'll come straight out and ask for the following subforum's. I don't like groups unless its a social group.

'Announcement': Global announce on forum.
'Reviews': Replace the group with better text and image handling. It sucks having to span multiple reply's.
'Proud Martin Bow Owners' or 'Showcase': A subforum for displaying photo's of our Martin bows like TIGON's group.
'Do It Yourself, Modifications & Ideas': DIY like Hutch's group. Same reason as the reviews.
'Tutorials, Tuning & Tips' From basic setup to more complicated stuff. Credit for this idea to Money Man!
'General Hunting' or 'General Hunting & Outdoors': Talk hunting tactics and anything outdoors. Credit for this idea to Sharxfan & HawgEnvy
'Technical Specifications': A subforum with separate threads for members to post photo's and specifications of bows/parts from any year.

Some of this could be handled by a sticky too, maybe.

Opinions?

Money Man
07-01-2011, 03:35 AM
Great idea. I think the do it yourself could be broken into two segments. One for shop tools and equipment like string jigs, super shooters, targets etc. The second one for how to such as fletching arrows, serving, tuning etc.

Arrow Splitter
07-01-2011, 04:14 AM
I see you guys are working on Barry's "to do" list for when he gets back.:D
I think you both have some good ideas.

gravedigger
07-01-2011, 05:29 AM
x2 to all the above.maybe we can bring in more shooters if there is more to offer up as people visit.

Ford
07-01-2011, 05:29 AM
I like the idea of the diy being seperated into two segments. While cool to see, the shop tools dont apply for me. So the simple stuff, that I can do at home for the every day maintenance stuff is what I look for.
Maybe a subforum for initial set up of a new or used bow. People's techniques, what works for them, simple tuning advice, stuff I can do with out a press or level. Would be great for newbies like me.

Destroyer
07-01-2011, 04:31 PM
The second one for how to such as fletching arrows, serving, tuning etc.

Good idea mate! I wouldn't split DIY into two, I would have it just as a main subforum, call it 'Tutorials, Tuning & Tips' or something. Hard to write tutorials though.

I see you guys are working on Barry's "to do" list for when he gets back.

Yeah, he will be rested enough hopefully. ;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-03-2011, 03:12 AM
We also need a section for new members to introduce themselves Like a WELCOME! LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF!

HUTCH:cool:

HawgEnvy
07-03-2011, 06:13 AM
my $.01
off topic- fun stuff
target/3D- see title
TECH forum- equipment,tuning,set-up(no subforum needed)
DIY-1 section homebuilt tools of any kind,1 section everything else(treestands,stabs,trailers,blinds,furniture,et c.
Taxidermy-show off your mounts,give a plug for your favorite taxidermist and even a link to their site

that's just off the top of my head. I fully agree that a more diverse MTF would bring in more shooters if there was more to offer. I'd like to see this forum get HUGE and most importantly keep the friendly atmosphere

HawgEnvy
07-03-2011, 06:19 AM
photo & video,firearms...still thinkin. I smell smoke

Speedykills
07-03-2011, 06:38 AM
x2 to all the above.maybe we can bring in more shooters if there is more to offer up as people visit.

Ditto.........Wouldnt it be cool if AT and MATF were the biggest forums on the net............................:D

Sharxfan
07-03-2011, 08:24 AM
How about a general hunting forum so we can talk tactics, success and other things not specifically bow related.

Arrow Splitter
07-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Wow, I think Barry needs a raise now.LOL

Sharxfan
07-03-2011, 03:45 PM
How about a 25% raise on his base salary? :rolleyes:

Destroyer
07-03-2011, 06:42 PM
How about a general hunting forum so we can talk tactics, success and other things not specifically bow related.

Good idea Sharxfan!

MATF were the biggest forums on the net............................:D

No. I don't want to see the level of BS here that you do at archerytalk and other massive forums.

Destroyer
07-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Wow, I think Barry needs a raise now.LOL

A big raise me thinks. This is getting bigger than I would have thought.

Just added 'Technical Specifications' to the list. Having photo's and specifications for all the bows and parts would make life a little easier.

gravedigger
07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
A big raise me thinks. This is getting bigger than I would have thought.

Just added 'Technical Specifications' to the list. Having photo's and specifications for all the bows and parts would make life a little easier.

that is a grwat idea.it would be great to have spot ware a guy can referance a bow with pics.

Arrow Splitter
07-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Thread stuck.:cool::cool:

Destroyer
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Excellent A.S! :cool:

Ford
07-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I second the vote for hunting tactics. I've never hunted archery, and other then general hunting knowledge from rifle hunting, I'm pretty clueless. Maybe a newbie forum for all things that experienced guys take for granted? stand location, scent control, pre rut, rut hunting. Stuff like that.

HawgEnvy
07-07-2011, 08:17 AM
do we have enough interest in a fishing tips & tricks section?

Destroyer
07-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Hmmm.... Maybe not its own subforum Hawg but if we change 'General Hunting' to 'General Hunting & Outdoors' I'm sure it would fit just fine there. What ya recon?

Destroyer
07-13-2011, 02:18 AM
What ya think Barry?

Destroyer
07-15-2011, 01:46 AM
ttt.... :p

Destroyer
07-24-2011, 05:14 PM
So is that a no? :confused:

gravedigger
07-24-2011, 05:45 PM
Ditto.........Wouldnt it be cool if AT and MATF were the biggest forums on the net............................:D

and all of us would be know as the Pioneers of bringing the forum to life

Arrow Splitter
07-25-2011, 04:17 AM
So is that a no? :confused:Destroyer, I think you might want to PM Barry and ask him directly. I unstuck this thread because it became unnecessary to leave it stuck at the top.

Destroyer
07-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I unstuck this thread because it became unnecessary to leave it stuck at the top.

Agree with that A.S :)