PDA

View Full Version : Another alien x question

Olydog
07-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Without any components installed on my newly acquired 2011 I put it in one hand and turn it horizontal and use my palm on my other hand and give the riser a solid thump and the whole bow buzzes for about three seconds. Could it be a problem with the 3 piece riser??? Anybody?

Arrow Splitter
07-01-2011, 10:43 AM
That's totally normal. Limbsavers and a stabilizer should take care of it.

A.S

Speedykills
07-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Your fine,my AX does the same thing,kinda like a tuning fork,barley audible.My firecat does same thing,most bows do.You can tell difference between that and a loose e-clip or sight ect.ect.
Remember when you set it up make sure your center shot is 7/8" from riser to center of arrow to start,not the rubber but from where your arrow rest holes are it will look like your arrow is pointing in and your sight is to the left but thats how these bows set up,thats coming from the Alien Maffia.

Olydog
07-01-2011, 01:18 PM
So I set up the center shot last night with my center shot tool. It sounds like you recommend discarding that and going out 7/8" from the berger holes. Is that correct?

Speedykills
07-01-2011, 01:51 PM
So I set up the center shot last night with my center shot tool. It sounds like you recommend discarding that and going out 7/8" from the berger holes. Is that correct?

Yes,if you were to shoot it after using center shot tool it would shoot way to the left,i know becuase mine did.

Destroyer
07-01-2011, 05:04 PM
The centershot goes wherever it needs to, its not real important where you start. Tuning will tell you.

give the riser a solid thump and the whole bow buzzes for about three seconds.

Check all bolts and accessories for anything loose. Also check the e-clips, they can cause a bit of noise if loose. Speedykills is right about tuning fork, a lot of bows are like that. You can't remove that much material and expect noise free shooting.