PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this............i call B.S.

Speedykills
07-01-2011, 12:59 PM
I like the part about the riser blowing apart.....................

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1519355

Arrow Splitter
07-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah, I'm glad I don't believe everything I read, because I've NEVER in my years of shooting Martin heard about a riser blowing apart.:rolleyes:

gravedigger
07-01-2011, 03:43 PM
i did not see ware it said the riser blew apart.i read about were a guy seen one break,but not blow apart.but that leads me to think its bs.if a riser were to break it would blow apart due to all the tension and dude would have said blown apart.damn A.T @$$()*&^$.lol

Speedykills
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Martin gets hammered on so hard,i guess it's tough being on top.It's like on a post about a Martin seeker somebody said like"what if the riser brackets come loose and your brace height changes then what huh".I guess if you worry about that you would worry about your rifle scope comming loose too.So much B.S. sometimes i just shake my head.

Destroyer
07-01-2011, 05:15 PM
No big deal, people have been posting rubbish about risers 'blowing up' for a long time. Never seen one myself.

scepterman30x
07-01-2011, 05:26 PM
I like the part about the riser blowing apart.....................

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1519355

Yeah, I'm glad I don't believe everything I read, because I've NEVER in my years of shooting Martin heard about a riser blowing apart.:rolleyes:

i did not see ware it said the riser blew apart.i read about were a guy seen one break,but not blow apart.but that leads me to think its bs.if a riser were to break it would blow apart due to all the tension and dude would have said blown apart.damn A.T @$$()*&^$.lol

Well fellas let me tell you with certainty. Martin risers do break. Ive shot Martins for over ten yrs. and shot for them for 7+ yrs. The first riser that broke on me was an M2000 Cougar, then my favorite bow they could not replace for me because they had no more was a Blue S3 riser and the last one was a S4 riser. So fellas they can and do break from time to time.
BTW none of mine blew apart perse.

Destroyer
07-01-2011, 06:46 PM

So more like a crack or split?

Speedykills
07-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Well fellas let me tell you with certainty. Martin risers do break. Ive shot Martins for over ten yrs. and shot for them for 7+ yrs. The first riser that broke on me was an M2000 Cougar, then my favorite bow they could not replace for me because they had no more was a Blue S3 riser and the last one was a S4 riser. So fellas they can and do break from time to time.

Ya,ya,ya,im more or less talking about the whole tone of the post,more or less,not that i dont believe you but do you have any pics to back up your statement...................;)

scepterman30x
07-02-2011, 05:53 AM
So more like a crack or split?

Initially yes. On the S3 and S4 The feel at the shot (vibrations from the bow) and mior points of impact were different was a key indication something wasn't right. On the Cougar the bow callapsed inward at the shot.

Ya,ya,ya,im more or less talking about the whole tone of the post,more or less,not that i dont believe you but do you have any pics to back up your statement...................;)
Pics??? These incidents happened over a 10 yr. period. Each time it happened all I was interested in was gettin my riser replaced. I didn't need proof. When Joel saw the riser after sending it back was proof enough.

All I was saying (to those who believe me or not) is it does/can happen and it is not always a catostrophic explosion.

Speedykills
07-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Initially yes. On the S3 and S4 The feel at the shot (vibrations from the bow) and mior points of impact were different was a key indication something wasn't right. On the Cougar the bow callapsed inward at the shot.

Pics??? These incidents happened over a 10 yr. period. Each time it happened all I was interested in was gettin my riser replaced. I didn't need proof. When Joel saw the riser after sending it back was proof enough.

All I was saying (to those who believe me or not) is it does/can happen and it is not always a catostrophic explosion.

I was just messin with ya,kinda reminds you of AT didnt it........:D

Destroyer
07-02-2011, 03:23 PM
is it does/can happen and it is not always a catostrophic explosion.

Understood. So sometimes its a play on words, for drama. Problem is there is so much BS on forums these days, especially with those that have an axe to grind. Its so easy for some to use 'my Martin blew up' without any proof. There is no excuse these days not to have photo's to back it up with the amount of mobile phones that have camera.

wick
07-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Who cares what these people have to say. That's why I don't even get on AT. Exept when our site got hacked and I wanted to know what was going on out there. The simple fact is that "All bows are mechanical devices". Every thing that has moving parts and components that are under great amounts of stress or strain will eventually wear out break or fail. The frequency at which it happens is what you have to look at. So what, I have many friends out there that have and swear by many different brands of bows. Some people like fords and some people like chevy's and have many examples to back up each others claims but which is really better. I think its all in your experience. I remember a Bloody armed, PSE limb failure with one of my brothers friends back in the 80's that has shaped my opinion of their bows to this day, but thats me. My Martin is exactly what I wanted in a bow and their customer service so far has made me very content and want to continue to keep buying martins for years to come.

NY_Bowhunter
07-14-2011, 11:11 PM
The simple fact is that "All bows are mechanical devices". Every thing that has moving parts and components that are under great amounts of stress or strain will eventually wear out break or fail. The frequency at which it happens is what you have to look at.

well said!! I've come to realize that more people are likely to complain about something rather than point out the good of it. You'll hear all about broken limbs and risers and such, but the real question is, how often does it occur vs. how many units were sold??

NY_Bowhunter
07-15-2011, 12:19 PM
So you're sayin' I shouldn't use my Hoyt to knock down brick walls anymore? (I'm just terrible before my second Diet Coke in the mornings)

,,, if you use your bow to knock down brick walls and you're still able to do so after the first brick wall, would you be willing to give that bow to me?? It seems like it may be a VERY reliable bow!!!! ;)

Destroyer
07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Not even then. ;)

NY_Bowhunter
07-15-2011, 05:01 PM
I can't give it away or sell, not until I find a replacement jack handle for my truck jack...

I'll trade you a jack handle for it then. That way you're not giving it away and you'll have your jack handle!! :) :) :)