PDA

View Full Version : A Smile and a handshake from Washington State!

Double S
07-02-2011, 07:26 PM
I Folks!. I'm Simon and I live in Lincoln county. I'm about 100-120 miles North of Martin Archery. Some of you might know my username from ArcheryTalk. I am a Supermod on AT and on the AT Blogs and Articles site. I see some familiar Names on here already. I shoot a Rytera Nemesis, Blacked out. 28.5 DL, 60 DW.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/Northwest75/RyteraNemesispicsoutdoorhaybale1.jpg

wscywabbit
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Welcome! Nice bow. I'm in western Washington (Monroe atm), but grew up in Athena OR about 20 miles south of Walla Walla. I frequent AT as well, and I think you'll really appreciate this forum, its full of some good guys (and gals). So post up, join some groups and have some fun!

Simple Life
07-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Welcome DS ,nice bow you have there;)

SL

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Welcome Simon, join in the fun and I am sure you will have fun on MTF.

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
07-03-2011, 05:05 PM
welcome to the forum,DS. Nice bow. I've got the black bow w flo green/black strings from Hutch. What stabilizer have you got on there? It would compliment my Cheetah.

Double S
07-03-2011, 05:37 PM
welcome to the forum,DS. Nice bow. I've got the black bow w flo green/black strings from Hutch. What stabilizer have you got on there? It would compliment my Cheetah.

That's the SOS Stabilizer made by Joe at Paradigm Archery. It's three size stab's in one. With movable internal half moon weights. It can be extended out if needed with extra tubes.

gravedigger
07-03-2011, 06:23 PM
welcome to the forum.im about 20 miles west of portland.

cyclepath
07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
That's the SOS Stabilizer made by Joe at Paradigm Archery. It's three size stab's in one. With movable internal half moon weights. It can be extended out if needed with extra tubes.

Welcome indeed. I looked at the paradigm stabs when I was looking for a different one. I looked past it real quick when I saw the price! I heard they are a great stab though. By the way, which do you like better, the fob's or the vanes?

Speedykills
07-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the forum,nice to see more Rytera owners,,.............

Double S
07-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Welcome indeed. I looked at the paradigm stabs when I was looking for a different one. I looked past it real quick when I saw the price! I heard they are a great stab though. By the way, which do you like better, the fob's or the vanes?

I'm a Fob fanatic 3 1/2 years and running. I will only use Fobs while hunting. I shoot the blazers for 3-d and when i'm around other people. Some people won't shoot with Fob users. It doesn't bother me at all.

Arrow Splitter
07-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Since I forgot,:o Welcome to the MTF Simon!!!

wscywabbit
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm a Fob fanatic 3 1/2 years and running. I will only use Fobs while hunting. I shoot the blazers for 3-d and when i'm around other people. Some people won't shoot with Fob users. It doesn't bother me at all.

I wondered about the Fobs, but i couldn't see hunting with one; makes it kinda hard to get a pass through, doesn't it? It seems they would hang up on the entry wound...

Double S
07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
I wondered about the Fobs, but i couldn't see hunting with one; makes it kinda hard to get a pass through, doesn't it? It seems they would hang up on the entry wound...

No sir. The Fob and Nock pop off during the pass through stage. No fletching on the end of the arrow means less friction. Plus We don't have to worry about the Arrow stopping during pass through at the fletching. Nothing in hunting is a guarantee but I've been fortunate so far. I've seen it around and on the hunting shows. A deer gets arrowed and the shaft gets stuck at the fletching around the ribs or fat and the deer runs around with the arrow 3/4 of the way through them. After the pass through, the fob drops right on the ground marking the spot of the shot. just in case the deer runs off, You have a good starting point for your tracking. I do recommend folks use bright Arrow wraps for easier Arrow shaft recovery. In the 3 1/2 years I've been using Fobs, I've only lost one arrow.

wscywabbit
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice! Thanks for the info, I had just gone by looks and didn't realize they would fall off like that. I may have to give them a try. Although that would mean that I'd have to give up my trusty biscuit... but then again that means I may have to go shopping for a new rest hmmmm... lol;)