PDA

View Full Version : Trg

buckslayr
07-04-2011, 02:53 PM
I have an Onza 3 and an elite Snow GT500. would a Martin TRG work on my GT,I love my Onza 3, thanks

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I have an Onza 3 and an elite Snow GT500. would a Martin TRG work on my GT,I love my Onza 3, thanksMost of the guys on here have been having problems with the TRG's, a lot of them have changed or will be changing it to a rod and slide. As far as the TRG fitting any bow the riser has to have a special slot in the side of it.

Hutch:cool:

archerx7
07-04-2011, 03:43 PM
The TRG will fit on any bow that has a 3/8" cable rod, can't say how well it will work though.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-04-2011, 03:50 PM
The TRG will fit on any bow that has a 3/8" cable rod, can't say how well it will work though.Sorry got my facts wrong. Thanks archerx7

Hutch:cool:

Ford
07-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I agree with everything stated above. And would caution you not to waste your money. It doesnt work on bows it was designed for, it especially wont work for one that it wasnt. If you use it, your just asking to replace string and cables. My 2 cents, from experience with the trg. Good luck, if you try let us know how it works.

buckslayr
07-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I agree with everything stated above. And would caution you not to waste your money. It doesnt work on bows it was designed for, it especially wont work for one that it wasnt. If you use it, your just asking to replace string and cables. My 2 cents, from experience with the trg. Good luck, if you try let us know how it works.

I've had an Onza 3 since last winter and the TRG works as advertised,I had to adjust it a little,but I don't see any more string wear than a regular slide. this is 1 fine bow in my opinion, my GT has some cam lean and I put a tilt tamer on it to remedy, but I like the looks of the TRG better. maybe I'll just stick with the tilt tamer. thanks for the replies guys, If you are having problems with the TRG , you might try a little adjustment, there are some threads either here or AT that tell you how it should be adjusted. hope this helps some of you, thanks again/buckslayr

archerx7
07-05-2011, 12:46 PM
The TRG will fit on any bow that has a 3/8" cable rod, can't say how well it will work though.

Man! I don't think I could say that with a clear conscious. Yes, the TRG rod will fit on any bow that has a 3/8" guide rod hole, but the TRG unit more than likely won't line up to work with the cables as intended. Unless you have a TRG to just try, fine, but don't just go out and buy one.

Thats the reason that I stated "can't say how well it will work though."

wscywabbit
07-05-2011, 02:33 PM
You know, the trg may work with a bow that has the offset cable rod (the dogleg that pulls the cable out of the way), it's kinda offset itself. It may even work better because the channel it sits in for the Martins isn't centered, and a few have commented that it pulls too far away from center as it is, and a standard rod hole would be centered...