PDA

View Full Version : silencer is noisy

jandjfab
07-04-2011, 04:51 PM
i was lookingfor suggestion . i shoot a new silencer bow set at 67 pounds 28 inch draw length. put bow jax on bow and string viper stabilizer. my arrows are easton st epic 400 at 29 inches 100 grain field points and nap quik spin vanes. heres my issue no matter how i adjust the trg the bow has a crisp slap to it . oh i checked all bolts to. i thought about going to a heavyer arrow any thoughts from anyone would be great

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Take off the bow jax and put on Cat whiskers. About every bow we have that comes through here with bow jax, they end up being the problem. Besides there is nothing on the market that I have used that quiets like whiskers. Also let someone else shoot the bow outdoors with you beside it that will give you an idea how loud it is.

Hutch:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Forgot I also went to a heavier arrow.

Hutch:cool:

jandjfab
07-04-2011, 05:07 PM
thanks for the suggestion ill give them a try

Ehunter
07-05-2011, 03:32 AM
You should also make sure the cams are timed correctly. That seems to be a major cause of noise.

cyclepath
07-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Does anyone else see the humor in this? :D

Arrow Splitter
07-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Does anyone else see the humor in this? :DLOL!! I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.:D

wscywabbit
07-05-2011, 02:44 PM
there are several things to try, and since I don't know what you've adjusted, I'll give a quick run-down:

Make sure the TRG is set so that at rest the cables don't bottom out in the channels
Set the SOS so that it is barely touching the string
Some have taken a bit of sticky foam from weatherstripping and put it behind the SOS rubber piece
Make sure the cams are timed

Even after all that, I thought my Onza had a bit of a slap, but after hearing it from a short distance, I realized its pretty quiet.