PDA

View Full Version : Calling Martin Tomorrow.

bigredhunter00
07-06-2011, 04:19 PM
So tomorrow im calling Martin to find out the status on my limbs. Im hoping they were sent and that my bow guy is just being a douche. Its been
two months since my bow went down. Imho i think thats been long enough for it to be down. If they were sent and recieved i think my bow guy is
going to get a pop knot on top his head big enough to high center a jeep. Luckly there is another Martin dealer about the same distance away and
the lead bow guy is in the same archery club as I.

Speedykills
07-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Man thats along time and be pissed too,hope they show up soon.

wscywabbit
07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Gotta be the dealer, I can't see Martin taking two months to get you limbs. Keep us informed!

Destroyer
07-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Could be either really. Got to keep on top of your dealer though, some of them are ........ ;)

Luckly there is another Martin dealer about the same distance away and the lead bow guy is in the same archery club as I.

Could be a good thing.

cyclepath
07-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Man that's along time in anyones book. I waited 3 weeks for mine to get here, thought they were sent pony express. If they were ordered by your dealer martin may not know who you are. I would check with your dealer and have them contact them again. Sometimes things just go wrong.

Irish Sitka
07-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Man that's along time in anyones book. I waited 3 weeks for mine to get here, thought they were sent pony express. If they were ordered by your dealer martin may not know who you are. I would check with your dealer and have them contact them again. Sometimes things just go wrong.

If it took three weeks by "Pony Express" for you to get sorted out, Bigredhunter's limbs must be getting delivered by "The Shetland Pony Express"

Arrow Splitter
07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
if it took three weeks by "pony express" for you to get sorted out, bigredhunter's limbs must be getting delivered by "the shetland pony express"lol!!! That's funny.

bigredhunter00
07-07-2011, 02:35 PM
So I called Martin and talked to Joel. He said that the order is still "pending". I explained that elk season is less than two months away and I need to start pounding arrows and getting broadhead tuned. I also explained that i want my first elk to be with my Martin and not with my loud *** Bear. He said he would do what he could to get them sent out ASAP. Hopefully it happens.

bigredhunter00
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM
update: I just called Martin 5 mins ago, limbs have been shipped!

Destroyer
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Great news! It wasn't your shop that was holding it up after all.

bigredhunter00
07-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Well ud figure the shop would call and try to figure out whats going on. But Joel did say alot of Martin customers from this guy have called and
complained about him. I guess Joel said he used to talk to him all the time but now rarely hears from him. Either way im done with him.

Ehunter
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
bigred, that's one of the problems I've seen alot on here. Too many shop owners don't take care of their customers the way they should. They put things to the side instead of taking care of a problem ASAP. I think Martin has great customer service, but sadly, many of their dealers don't. For me, it's worth the $28 it takes to send my bow back to Martin if I need to, rather than go through a dealer. Sadly, my nearest dealer is an hour away. lol

Destroyer
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
But Joel did say a lot of Martin customers from this guy have called and complained about him.

Best to change then. ;)

bigredhunter00
07-07-2011, 08:32 PM
oh its in the works, tuesday will be my last day working with that ahole!

peace
07-08-2011, 04:31 AM
I think some of the problem is the way Martin is perceived by their dealers. They are not the high volume seller like Hoyt, Matthews and PSE, and so dealers many times put the Martin customers and orders on a back burner, many I believe do it subconsciously. Its not easy being a stepchild, :D

bigredhunter00
07-08-2011, 03:43 PM
to me the problem is not martin, its the lazy dealer who wont get off his butt and call to see whats going on. i mean if u got a bow thats been down two months wouldnt u call and see whats going on with the limbs. i mean if the owner has to call then ur a pos dealer in my book.

Destroyer
07-08-2011, 06:29 PM
I think some of the problem is the way Martin is perceived by their dealers.

Nothing to do with that really, its typical of the retail trade. As long as you are spending big $$$ they care, somewhat. It really shows the good from the bad when there isn't a big profit in it for them and they still go out of their way to help.

HawgEnvy
07-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I see several posts about peoples bad experiences w dealer/pro shops. It really makes me appreciate my pro shop even more. I just wanna give em a big hug when I see them again. Lol

bigredhunter00
07-08-2011, 09:02 PM
honestly if u had a pro shop and u were hanging on to someones broken bow for two months, wouldnt u at least make a phone call to see whats
going on. This guy i go to didnt even make an attempt. Like i said im not mad at martin, Im severely pissed at the dealer.(pardon my greek)