PDA

View Full Version : Martin Stands Behind Their Product

kylecurtis04
07-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Not sure if you all saw this yet or not, but well worth a look. Kudos to the Martin Family.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1521794&highlight=trg

wscywabbit
07-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Nice, Ike's videos are pretty sweet, he seems to do a pretty fair job on his reviews. I gotta say that its pretty cool that he would eat crow like that. It's also nice to know that Martin has the guts to put their stuff out like that. But it does have me thinking about the TRG SOS conundrum; why is it that they shipped a bow that doesn't have them installed?

Destroyer
07-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Pretty amazing speed that :rolleyes:

peace
07-07-2011, 01:40 AM
I enjoy all of his stuff on youtube. His reviews unlike others are usually very thorough and he points to the things that are important to archer's and bowhunters. Thanks for sharing kylecurtis04!

SMARTEN UP AND MARTIN UP!!!

bigbob29
07-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Nothing bigger than a man who can admit he has made a mistake, and to do it via a public medium is pretty good stuff.

Ehunter
07-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Good to hear, and good for Ike admitting his mistake. Well, now for the bad news......the local bow tech that set up the original bow that Ike was unimpressed with is the only local dealer for me. lol Thank God for this forum and you guys being helpful! Now, this video does bring one thing to mind, why doesn't Martin make sure ALL their bows that get shipped out are set-up like this one was for Ike? So it will cost a little more, I think people would be willing to pay just a little more for a bow that is set-up correctly from the start. It would certainly cut back on the Martin bashing we hear so much of, and would make for alot happier customers.

Sharxfan
07-08-2011, 05:06 AM
True but the bow they sent to Ike was setup at 70# and a 30" drawlength. I don't think that everyone shoots at that spec so what is setup for one person would not be for another. Maybe they need to have training classes on how to setup their bows that the tech can go to.

wscywabbit
07-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Well the bow they sent was set up for the IBO test only. 30", 70#, and 350 gr arrow. And the only thing on the strings was a d-loop. It would be nice however if they would at least put as much attention to specs on the bows going out as they did for that bow. My bow came direct from the factory and ATA and BH were all messed up. The only thing "correct" was the draw weight.

boobowbender
07-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Well the bow they sent was set up for the IBO test only. 30", 70#, and 350 gr arrow. And the only thing on the strings was a d-loop. It would be nice however if they would at least put as much attention to specs on the bows going out as they did for that bow. My bow came direct from the factory and ATA and BH were all messed up. The only thing "correct" was the draw weight.

x2, so what was different between the two bows besides the trg/sos. are the cams timed perfect? is the ata right on instead of 1/2 short like most of the bows we got? what did they do to make it faster so i can know my bow is at its peak. i don't have a chrono and i know a deer doesn't know the difference between 300 + fps and 285 but we all want peak performance

Destroyer
07-08-2011, 06:06 PM
what did they do to make it faster

That is the question isn't it...... ;)

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-09-2011, 01:20 AM
How do we know what he was shooting through the chrono?

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
07-09-2011, 02:26 AM
We don't and we all don't get hand picked bows from Martin either. I like how he said the finish was much better on this bow, why the difference in finish?

NY_Bowhunter
07-09-2011, 10:10 PM
I had asked him on the other forum what was different ... I believe his answer was, the draw length and weight and the fact the original bow he tested was set for him, not 30" as the second one was. Basically, this bow was set up for the speed test only and that's it. I'm still wondering what was wrong with the finish on the first bow and why even the second bow has some flaws but was "better". Hmmmmmmmm .... I think it's a nice bow regardless.

Destroyer
07-09-2011, 10:45 PM
The first review was better, the second one was more of an apology. I would like to see more speed tests on the onza, its the only one I'm interested in.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-10-2011, 03:23 AM
But with all that is said about any bow company, they are all trying hard to grow their market shares. So whatever they have to do they will. Look at the guys on AT that will buy anything that says its faster, lighter, smoother draw, etc etc. I still think they all have the bug and will pay whatever it costs. I on the other hand would rather But a Martin and deal with it and shoot! shoot! shoot! Then to worry about how I am going to pay for the $1100. M or B bow.

Jake-the-snake
07-10-2011, 12:06 PM
But with all that is said about any bow company, they are all trying hard to grow their market shares. So whatever they have to do they will. Look at the guys on AT that will buy anything that says its faster, lighter, smoother draw, etc etc. I still think they all have the bug and will pay whatever it costs. I on the other hand would rather But a Martin and deal with it and shoot! shoot! shoot! Then to worry about how I am going to pay for the $1100. M or B bow.

My old man has been shooting Martins since he first started bowhunting. He said, "Why in hell would I pay 900$ for a bow, when I can get this Martin that feels, shoots just as fast, and looks even better? I would rather pay 400$ for the bow, and use the rest of the money for quality Accessories!"

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Hmmmm... Quality accessories and a excellent bow at a cheap price...I like that.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Destroyer
07-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Problem is that Martin is fighting the continual price rise. Only a few years ago, $750 was the high end, now look at it.

boobowbender
07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
wow you mean for only $1500 i can own a cool bow. you know thats what all the manufactures are thinking when they saw thecarbonmatrix. holy sh@$$%%, i saw a quiver for $269 the other day in a hunting mag. thats more than most monthly utility bills(maybe not in january), that could be a car payment for some of us penny pinchers

wscywabbit
07-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I think that maybe part of it (in relation to hype) is that the engineers can design a cam to perform a certain way at a certain rotation (draw length). So they design a cam that has it "sweet spot" at 30" dl to maximize the hype of IBO.

The problem with that is that if you have a draw (like me) that is shorter than 30" you can't take advantage of the cam design. (Not to mention just the physics of force and momentum we lack from the string's shorter path of influence.)

So then you get someone like me or Ike that does a review and says "well, its slower than I had expected from the IBO..." we were dealt the short end of the stick to begin with (:p notice the pun?) because the cams don't reach full potential in our stubby little arms!

Destroyer
07-11-2011, 02:57 PM
i saw a quiver for $269 the other day in a hunting mag

And it will get worse too. Once that price gets burned into a brains the $100 quiver will be average and $75 will be budget. :rolleyes:

The problem with that is that if you have a draw (like me) that is shorter than 30" you can't take advantage of the cam design.

You do, just you won't get the same speed as a 30" draw. Dual cams (hybrids) are much better for you short draw archers, at least you can still get reasonable speeds. The efficiencies are much better than single cams.