PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice

wisconsinarcher
07-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I bought a new martin firecat 360 about 3 months ago i have a amp 4 pin sight, qad hd rest, vapor trail peep, limbjacks, riserjacks, and cat whiskers in the string. I am shooting goldtip velocityxt 300 spine 28 1/4 inch at 70lbs. i am having sserious serious nissues with my bow im not here to bad mouth martin by any means so please dont think i am! Since i have owned the bow i have replaced the sos 3 times each time being adjusted my a authorized dealer, my bow is now in getting a new string, and cable slide ( if thats the new name for the 2011 design) the string was actually cutting grooves where the cables slide causing the string to fray apart. Is this an issue with anyone else? are there any new designs or anything in the works for a new cable slide system or anything? Its just a pain to get everything dialed in and then have to start back from scratch! im not a target shooter by anymeans but am a serious and avid bowhunter! Any advice ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Destroyer
07-06-2011, 10:46 PM
im not here to bad mouth martin by any means so please dont think i am!

Don't think you are, and if your are your doing a lousy job of it! ;)

my bow is now in getting a new string, and cable slide

Getting the TRG replaced by a cable guard and slide is a good thing. You will find a few of the members have had a similar problem.

gravedigger
07-07-2011, 06:20 AM
yep toss out the trg and sos.about 90% of people are having nothing but issues with them or to be more exact the trg.my buddy tossed his trg and so hve a few members on here.best to go with the old school rod and slide

Ford
07-07-2011, 06:25 AM
I had the same problem. Dont replace the string and cable with out getting a new cable guard from martin. Its a very common problem. Throw away the sos, its a total loss. Mine tore in less then 300 arrows. My best advice is to get a sims string decelerator, they are around 40 on ebay. I just got one and love it. Much cheaper then replacing sos constantly. And you can use a kisser if you choose. my 2 cents.

wisconsinarcher
07-07-2011, 06:39 AM
is this spmething martin suggest to replace the trg? if so what do they cost?

wisconsinarcher
07-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Martin is covering the string and trg and sos under warranty would the old school cable slide be something they would just replace the trg with or do ya have to buy it seperate?

Ford
07-07-2011, 06:55 AM
They replaced the cable guard (old school style), rod, cable and strings for me. Martin wouldnt replace the sos rubber, but did send me an sts, that doesnt work on my bow. I didnt buy my bow at my local martin dealer but had to take it there for waranty repair, and was charged labor. If I bought the bow there it would have been done as a courtesy by my local dealer. So if you bought yours at a local dealer, and take it back there for repair, it shouldnt cost you anything. I would ask your dealer if he charges for labor before having them do the work, just to be sure. If they do it may be cheaper to ship the bow directly to martin for repair, I dont know what the turn around time would be. Mine was 2 weeks with the dealer doing the work, and I'm in upstate ny.

HawgEnvy
07-07-2011, 08:22 AM
I'll take the trg off your hands.

gravedigger
07-07-2011, 08:44 AM
just tell who ever you are dealing with that you do not want the trg due to all the problems withit.stick to your guns if you have to and they will send you what you want free of charge

Destroyer
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll take the trg off your hands.

Still confident you can fix the problem Hawg?

Simple Life
07-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Martin is covering the string and trg and sos under warranty would the old school cable slide be something they would just replace the trg with or do ya have to buy it seperate?

They are replacing the whole system-TRG,SOS with the old Cable slide and rod.