PDA

View Full Version : Who has seen any deer lately?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Been seeing a lot of deer lately. 2 in the front yard, 1 in the road the next house to ours, then one more 2 houses over, tried to take a pic and another car came rats:mad:. Why do they have to tease so much. At least I have been seeing them lately.
How about you!

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
07-09-2011, 05:02 PM
a few weeks ago i was out spotting for elk and or any sign,i seen a bunch of does throgh out the day in the area i will be hunting.

Double S
07-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I have about 10 or so deer that pass through my yard to get to the alfalfa field. I have some pics and video from last season. But I didn't put my Trail cam out yet. I'm getting ready to go on vacation. But I can get some new pics up in a few days. When it nears September, I'll see about 50-60 deer a day.

HawgEnvy
07-09-2011, 09:00 PM
I've been out doing some scouting since last weekend. Saw a big doe in the CRP field and decided to put the stalk on her. She was about 150yds away when I saw her on my way to the creek bottom. I closed the distance to less than 50yds when I lost sight of her. I was hunkered down behind a clump of brush. I stood and turned to continue on my original path to the creek. When I did, she was at 15yds staring at me. Damn thing put the stalk on me. Lol. The next few nights, I took the video cam w me and got her on tape for a few minutes one night,then the next I was out taking pics of my groundblinds for Sharxfan when I kicked her and her two babies out of a thicket next to one of the blinds.

NY_Bowhunter
07-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I've seen LOTS of deer recently where I am in Upstate NY!! I'm planning on taking some pics soon!!! Come September ... I won't see any unless I watch a hunting show on TV!!!!! :mad:

cjchasman
07-10-2011, 02:12 AM
July 9th 6:00am...treated myself to a cup of coffee out on the backyard patio. Good buck, my guess around 4 yr. old, steps out of my woodsline w/ 2 mature doe. As soon as they all cleared the woodsline it was double time across the field into my neighbor's woods. Too quick for me to get a point count but rack was visible at 100yds,tall and wide. Coffee was good too.:)

Ehunter
07-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Been having a doe and fawn in my yard a couple mornings each week for the last month or so. I drive alot for work, so I see alot of deer in fields, etc. Higher numbers than usual this year, so it looks like it might be a good year around here. Not many bucks, but I hardly ever see any during the summer here. And not many coming out before dark when it's 102 degrees like today. lol

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Been having a doe and fawn in my yard a couple mornings each week for the last month or so. I drive alot for work, so I see alot of deer in fields, etc. Higher numbers than usual this year, so it looks like it might be a good year around here. Not many bucks, but I hardly ever see any during the summer here. And not many coming out before dark when it's 102 degrees like today. lolI'll stick with 82 degrees, like it was today.:cool::D

Destroyer
07-10-2011, 03:07 PM
No deer..... :(

SJunior
07-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Now that the corn has come up I've been seeing more moving through my place. Nothing big, watching a three year old that will go mid 140's every evening when I feed the hounds. Big boys will be showing themselves soon.

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 04:30 PM
No deer..... :(Wow, your deer are red and you can't even see them.:pLOL:D

Destroyer
07-10-2011, 04:44 PM
LOL! Yeah some are red. The ones around home are Sambar deer like this one.

http://reedysafaris.com/images/Stag%20over%20ridge4DeerSambarHunting.jpg

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Our deer don't look that mean.:eek:http://www.mammalz.com/UserFiles/2007/5/23/two_white_tailed_deer.jpg

Destroyer
07-10-2011, 04:59 PM
Agree, and Sambar will honk at you too. Just imagine stalking through a forest on a foggy morning. Nothing in sight and one of these critters lets out a loud 'honk' from behind you as you pass it by. Gets the heart racing I can tell you.

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Agree, and Sambar will honk at you too. Just imagine stalking through a forest on a foggy morning. Nothing in sight and one of these critters lets out a loud 'honk' from behind you as you pass it by. Gets the heart racing I can tell you.I can imagine. Our deer don't honk, but they do snort, and quite loudly to.

gravedigger
07-10-2011, 05:05 PM
that deer looks like it would tare a guy to shreads and go about its day

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 05:09 PM
that deer looks like it would tare a guy to shreads and go about its dayExactly. After hunting those deer, I'd probably have nightmares of a deer chasing me while honking at me.:eek:

gravedigger
07-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Exactly. After hunting those deer, I'd probably have nightmares of a deer chasing me while honking at me.:eek:

rotflmao.x2.

Double S
07-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Video I made awhile back showing deer passing by my house. I was using a little Tachyon action Camera.

http://youtu.be/nehLFZM74zs

Speedykills
07-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Havent seen much of anything,going into a drought isnt helping either.............:mad:

gravedigger
07-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Video I made awhile back showing deer passing by my house. I was using a little Tachyon action Camera.

http://youtu.be/nehLFZM74zs

that's a fine looking chunck of property you hae ther

Double S
07-10-2011, 10:01 PM
that's a fine looking chunck of property you hae ther
Thanks gd. I live near the river. I walk out my back yards through a CRP field private property that I have permission to access to State land. It's only about a 1 1/2 square miles. It's not that big but I only come across two other bow hunters when the season starts. Most of the hunters around my area belong to the Orange Army. I'll have some better pics after i come back from vacation and get my trail cam up. I do have pics from last season.

Arrow Splitter
07-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Those are some nice pictures. I hope you have a good vacation.:)

Double S
07-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Those are some nice pictures. I hope you have a good vacation.:)
Thanks. We don't leave for San Diego till the 18th. We're just getting things in order for the trip.