PDA

View Full Version : the Cheetah strikes

HawgEnvy
07-09-2011, 06:52 PM
earlier tonight,bout 9pm,i was out shootin in the yard. I switched from a single pin to a multi-pin sight last night.My old Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil. I drilled the pin guard and installed a light for night hunts. I'd just finished sighting in my 35yd pin,when dark was settling in. I had two more arrows then I was done. I nocked my second to last arrow,drew,and anchored. Just as I was about to release, a coon stepped from the brushline and started crossing the yard...right in front of the target. I couldn't believe it,so I adjusted my aim and released. Shooting right in front of the coon. I pulled my arrows and went in to get my kill light put on the Cheetah. I came back out equipped w two Harvet Time HT-2's tipped w Slick Tricks and went to wait at the back of the yard,taking stand on the old flat bed truck. It wasn't but 5min when I heard the weeds rustling. I hit the opening w the red filtered light and saw the coon. I drew back and released and that thing let out a mean snarl as it whirled back into the scrub. All went quiet and I went to the bloodtrail. It took a few minutes to find it in the tangle of weeds,cut brush and grapevines,but I got it. I'm guessing about 10-12lbs female.

Athens-1
Martin-1
Coons-0

I'm breakin in the bows good n proper for this deer season. Can't wait to stick a Trick in a deer.

Destroyer
07-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Nice short story Hawg! :)

Do people eat the raccoons?

cjchasman
07-10-2011, 02:18 AM
Good job Hawg...How far a shot was it? Still at 35 yds?

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Great story Hawg!:cool:

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Another one bites the dust, another one another one down Another one bites the dust! Sorry! just a little queen singing to back up the Cheetah! Killer of the coons!

Nice story.

Hutch:cool:

HawgEnvy
07-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Destroyer, some people must eat coons as I have a wildgame cookbook w recipes for em. But I don't think I would. I'd put that right up there w possum. I may be redneck,but I aint hillbilly. Lol

CJ, it was 10yds when it came out of the brush the second time

hutch, I start singing that everytime I shoot something,lol. Oh,btw, I forwarded an email to you for a contest from BHPTV. Did you get it?

MLN1963
07-10-2011, 07:09 AM
That has got to be hard on the Slick Tricks! They must hit the ground on an animal that size.

HawgEnvy
07-10-2011, 09:10 AM
not a mark on the ST and still sharp. I had unscrew the shaft from the head to get it out of a piece of 3/8" osb that the boys were using for their fort. No damage to the shaft or head. The coon was on a little bank that the board was laying on. The arrow went through the front right shoulder and exited out the back left leg and into the board.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-10-2011, 02:06 PM
hutch, I start singing that everytime I shoot something,lol. Oh,btw, I forwarded an email to you for a contest from BHPTV. Did you get it?Yes I got it haven't had time to really look at it yet. I think Arrow Splitter did.

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
07-10-2011, 04:41 PM
some people must eat coons as I have a wildgame cookbook w recipes for em

Must eat? Is there regulations that hunters have to?

But I don't think I would

Don't look very appetizing but you never know.

Arrow Splitter
07-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Must eat? Is there regulations that hunters have to?

Figure of speech.;)