PDA

View Full Version : new stealth cam archers choice

boobowbender
07-10-2011, 12:49 PM
after checking out chasingame.com i decided that the stealth cam archers choice was a pretty good cam for the money and found walmart actually had it cheaper than anywhere else(by $40) online only though, but free in store pick up
So does anyone have experience with these cams?
Any security ideas, all of my spots are public, but usually lesser traveled areas so it will need to be locked. do i buy a lock box (its the smaller type) or is there something smarter? it has password protection, but that is pretty much worthless.
thanks in advance
b

Rangerj
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I would try to find a lockbox,since it is public land,but we lose them on private land down here.Lock it up if you can.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I built a lock box for the t cam and lock it up all the time. Wouldn't think of leaving it out there with out locking it up. Too many thieves.

Hutch:cool:

Ford
07-13-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm curious about cheaper game cams. I dont really want to spend more then 75, any suggestions? I dont need top of the line, but dont want to drop 75 for junk, when 25 more would get a much better set up. any ideas are welcome, i'm clueless on this stuff.

Arrow Splitter
07-13-2011, 06:58 AM
We use this one, http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4286339&cid=CSE:GoogleProductSearch and I can't name one thing that's wrong with it, except that the trigger speed is a little slow, but we've gotten many good photos from it. It's inside a lock box that my Dad built, and it's been out in all weather conditions, with no problems. We run it off of a 6 volt rechargeable battery from Walmart, which allows it to be in the woods for about a month before the battery need to be charged.

Ford
07-13-2011, 07:08 AM
thanks arrowsplitter, I've seen that one and wondered how well it works. I love the idea of a game camera, just havent found the money to put one to use.

Arrow Splitter
07-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Here's an example of the picture quality:

Arrow Splitter
07-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Sorry boobowbender, we went a little off-topic. Ford, you might want to start a thread about cheaper game cameras.

A.S

Ford
07-13-2011, 07:17 AM
sorry about that, didnt mean to highjack ya.

boobowbender
07-18-2011, 06:01 PM
no worries, its all good.
i got a wild view. works pretty good and came with a security band and cable! only dislikes, i can only take one picture per 30 seconds if a bucks head is wrong i cant see it well. and in video mode it doesn't take a pic at the end to give it a time stamp-too bad because videos are really cool, but i would like to pattern times. i think the model is d8d. my girl bought it for my bday last year, my first camera. i was hooked. wish i could afford a case of them. i need one everywhere!

boobowbender
07-18-2011, 06:17 PM
your probably going to get what you pay for, well except for martin that is. i also heard primos makes awesome cameras. i would probably save the extra forty or fifty bucks to get a camera that is a little faster. do your home work! also found another review site not as thorough but any info is good www.deertrackingcameras.com and like i said earlier chasingame.com