PDA

View Full Version : Martin Archery has GREAT customer service!!!

NY_Bowhunter
07-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Well, I'm sure some of you followed the thread I had with all of the questions about my 2008 Martin Slayer Extreme bow with the CAT cams! This weekend it happened .. the limbs broke, splintered and cracked in numerous places. I did as some of you suggested and called Martin to see what could be done. Joel was understanding, well aware of the history of the limbs on this bow and it's somewhat common problems, and told me although my local pro shop is not a Martin dealer, he would get the limbs to the shop ASAP to get me back up and shooting this bow!!! As far as I'm concerned, Martin has gone above and beyond my expectations!! Well done Martin Archery for really standing behind their products!! A big Thank You to this forums members for steering me in the right direction to getting this bow taken care of. :) I do like this bow very much and was really disappointed that it did fail .... now I know that if you own a Martin, you're covered in the event such as this!!

Speedykills
07-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Now you know why im a die hard martin fan,ive owned other bows but i always had a martin,you just cant beat there customer service.....

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Now you know why im a die hard martin fan,ive owned other bows but i always had a martin,you just cant beat there customer service.....X2

Hutch:cool:

wscywabbit
07-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I've never had a problem with their CS, and I am glad to see that it worked out for you, I suspected that Martin would take care of you. The original thread was locked by the time I read into it, so I would also like to take the opportunity to welcome you to the forum! Now maybe you have an idea as to why Martin fans are so loyal!

NY_Bowhunter
07-11-2011, 05:31 PM
I've never had a problem with their CS, and I am glad to see that it worked out for you, I suspected that Martin would take care of you. The original thread was locked by the time I read into it, so I would also like to take the opportunity to welcome you to the forum! Now maybe you have an idea as to why Martin fans are so loyal!

Thanks for the welcome and YES I DO have a VERY good idea why Martin has the loyal consumers it does .... include me in that statistic!! I'm a believer!! I may have other bows from other companies like many others do, but I will ALWAYS have this Martin Bow in the stable regardless of it's short comings in the past!! :)

Arrow Splitter
07-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Problems or not, I Am Proud To Be A Martin Owner.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

NY_Bowhunter
07-11-2011, 10:46 PM

X2!! Amen to that!!

Hit The X
07-12-2011, 06:23 AM

X2!! Amen to that!!

I have to make this motion as 100 % great post . I too will never give up myMartin Bow no matter what happens in my hunting life.

I too am a Very proud MARTIN OWNER ! ! ! !

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I have to make this motion as 100 % great post . I too will never give up myMartin Bow no matter what happens in my hunting life.

I too am a Very proud MARTIN OWNER ! ! ! ! Me Too! Me Too! yeah yeah what those guys said.

Rangerj
07-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Last Year I had limb problems with my 2010 Firecat TR2,Martin had me up and shooting in 5 days. I also had a good Martin Dealer to work with.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Rangerj, Brings up a good point. I also have a good dealer. I believe he is a five star dealer. That I think also makes a big difference in how they are treated and how they treat us.

Destroyer
07-12-2011, 03:59 PM
That I think also makes a big difference in how they are treated and how they treat us.

Yes, without a good dealer the customer service isn't so good.

NY_Bowhunter
07-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes, without a good dealer the customer service isn't so good.

I don't have a Martin dealer near me at all and Martin is willing to take care of me through a local Pro Shop. I would imagine having a reputable Martin Dealer to work with certainly may make a difference in some cases.

Rangerj
07-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Last Year I had limb problems with my 2010 Firecat TR2,Martin had me up and shooting in 5 days. I also had a good Martin Dealer to work with.

This dealer worked on another Martin Bow twice that I didn't buy from him and he didn't charge anything.Good guy to deal with.

Money Man
07-12-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't have a Martin dealer near me at all and Martin is willing to take care of me through a local Pro Shop. I would imagine having a reputable Martin Dealer to work with certainly may make a difference in some cases.

Where in NY are you?

Destroyer
07-12-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't have a Martin dealer near me at all and Martin is willing to take care of me through a local Pro Shop.

That's good. Shops here simply don't want to know about any bow that they didn't sell. Apparently is too 'hard'!!! :mad:

NY_Bowhunter
07-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Where in NY are you?

I'm in a small town called Grangerville. The closest "more well known" city to me would be Saratoga Springs.

That's good. Shops here simply don't want to know about any bow that they didn't sell. Apparently is too 'hard'!!! :mad:

I find that being in a small town that the local business owners tend to be alittle more helpful than say a bigger place like Albany, NY. I have experienced exactly what you're talking about when I've ventured the hour + to a larger archery shop in a big place like Albany/Schenectady. I got that feeling that if you had something they didn't carry, they weren't as eager to help you. I had mentioned the Hoyt Ultratec I had and the lack of interest by the employee or owner, whoever it was, definitely dropped an notch or twelve!! I certainly understand what you're talking about. It does suck and to me being someone that has only been at this archery stuff for alittle over a year, it's disheartening. From the service I have received from Martin though, I could care less about the "bigger" archery shops!! I'll continue to frequent the local Pro shop here and keep it on a more personal level of service. Everyone here knows everyone by name when you walk through the door. oh one more thing ...

I'M PROUD TO BE A MARTIN OWNER!!!

MLN1963
07-13-2011, 10:20 AM
I'd rather never had to speak with anyone to know they have great customer service. What I'm seeing is Martin has great cover up skills. Common people. You never have enough time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it a second or third time! I tell my son this several times a week but it should be a motto at Martin IMO.

NY_Bowhunter
07-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Well, I'd rather have great customer service through a reliable bow and is set to specs. Ask Destroyer how he feels right now.

I just read his thread!! OMG!! A 2010 bow is having problems? Those pics he posted are the EXACT look of my lower limb and in the SAME spot no less!!! My upper limb has a cracked through it in the V part where the cam is. I do hope he gets the service I got ... or I was at least promised.

I'd rather never had to speak with anyone to know they have great customer service. What I'm seeing is Martin has great cover up skills. Common people. You never have enough time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it a second or third time! I tell my son this several times a week but it should be a motto at Martin IMO.

Point well taken. My 2008 Slayer Extreme is the first Martin bow I've owned. I agree with you very much,as I'm a perfectionist myself. If you're gonna do it, do it right THE FIRST TIME! I do see alot of complaints about the limbs on many Martin bow models and as someone else brought up, I wonder what the real % is of problems across the lines. I do hope that all are taken care of as well as I am.