PDA

View Full Version : A little help, please.

CarlosII
07-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I removed the string and cables from my 2010 shadowcat in order to reserve some loops. I THOUGHT I put them back on the way they came off. Apparently not. The bow is much harder to pull back now, even though the draw weight is down about a pound to a pound and a half.

The posts that hold the string loops appear to be about equal with about half the peg showing under the limb. As far as I can tell the cams appear to be very close to each other.

The strings cross over above the cable slide.

Any ideas as to why the bow should now be so much harder to pull back?

hotrod26
07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I just looked at mine and the cables cross below the cable slide and that is from the factory.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
A lot of Help please:rolleyes:

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
07-12-2011, 03:43 PM
The strings cross over above the cable slide.

There is your problem. Rotate the slide so the shortest slot is closest to the front of the bow and make the cables cross over below the slide.

Destroyer
07-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Cables cross above guide rod - excellent clearance..

Explain please.

CarlosII
07-12-2011, 04:31 PM
thanks to everyone who took the time to respond...but i'm a little confused now about where the cables are supposed to cross. i've looked on the Martin web site and the photo isn't that clear. makes them look awful close to the slide so i can't really tell.

i'd raise this question too. what difference does it make where they cross so long as they don't touch? is there some explanation based upon physics that would explain that?

sorry if this ain't too clear. its kinda late for us old geezers to be getting engaged in such technical discussions.

thanks again.

Destroyer
07-12-2011, 04:34 PM
By the 2010 bow manual and every other bow I've ever had with a upper guard they cross below the cable guard. Not sure why Sonny does it the other way. :confused: Is the way to fix that stupid clearance problem?

MLN1963
07-12-2011, 04:43 PM
They cross below the slide near the natural center of the bow. If the slide wasn't there I'm sure it would be dead center.

Jake-the-snake
07-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Shouldnt matter where your cables cross, above or below. whatever way gives you enough clearance, and so the cables dont rub. IF its harder to pull back, you may have added poundage while putting the cables back on (twisting or untwisting them some turns) accidentaly.

MLN1963
07-12-2011, 07:12 PM
If any of you note, the Shadowcat in the 2010 catalog has a straight guide rod. Mine came with a offset rod and crossing above.

That is weird. I have a 2010 catalog and all the pictures show the crossing below the cable guide. It just seems that below would be the natural place for it. I wonder if yours was accidentally put together incorrectly?

MLN1963
07-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I didn't catch the offset guide rod bit. Sorry.

Destroyer
07-12-2011, 08:22 PM
I didn't catch the offset guide rod bit. Sorry.

Makes no difference. Like you said before the natural position is in the center of the bow.

Here's a pic - note rod is down.

How on earth do you get clearance on the cable post on the bottom cam with it like that? :confused:

WHOOPS!!! Don't look at the wall!!!!!

Lol! Nothing wrong there.

Destroyer
07-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Due to not having gorilla arms my post is about a inch from the string :p

I wished I had that sort of clearance! My cat is just a shitter then............... :(

Over a year and no problems and now you'll have me up all night thinking about it now. Some friend you are....

That's just the c... er kind of man I am lol! ;)

CarlosII
07-14-2011, 02:50 AM
actually i don't think it was the bow...i did get the cables back where they were before i messed with it. i usually ain't that smart but this time i did take some pics before tearing into it.

i really think i over-did it mowing and shooting the recurve over the weekend and it was just sore, tired muscles. also had a tick bite so maybe i'm coming down with tick fever.

Destroyer
07-14-2011, 02:56 AM
also had a tick bite so maybe i'm coming down with tick fever.

What does a tick bite do to you exactly?

Arrow Splitter
07-14-2011, 05:21 AM
What does a tick bite do to you exactly?Lyme Disease: Spread by the black-legged or deer tick, this disease is most common in the Northeast. Symptoms include a circular rash at the site of the tick bite, tiredness and neurological and facial muscular problems.
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: Common to the Southeast, symptoms of the disease include sudden onset of fever, headache and muscle pain, followed by development of rash. The disease can be difficult to diagnose in the early stages, and without prompt and appropriate treatment it can be fatal.
Ehrlichiosis: Common to the Southwest, this disease is spread by the lone star tick and is carried by dogs, cattle, sheep, goats, and horses. Symptoms include a fever and swollen lymph nodes.
Babesiosis: This disease is carried by deer ticks and is found most often in the Northeast and upper Midwest. Symptoms include a nonproductive cough, headache and increasing malaise.
Human Granulocytic Anaplasmosis: HGA is increasingly recognized as an important and frequent cause of fever after tick bite in the upper Midwest, New England, parts of the mid-Atlantic states and northern California, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Other symptoms include headache and malaise.

Destroyer
07-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Cool A.S, not so cool disease though.... :eek: