PDA

View Full Version : Cam Module Swap Out

cjchasman
07-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Has anyone changed out their cam module/s from the non-metal (plastic) type to the aluminum type? Was wondering if any advantage/difference was noted. I'm not sure they are still available. Any input?

cj

Destroyer
07-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Found no difference on my pantera's going to an alloy mod. Didn't gain speed, didn't loose speed but it was stronger I guess. :)

cjchasman
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanx Destroyer, I was wondering several things, you answered most. I can move the plastic one when it is installed by torqueing it w/ the tip of my finger. I thought it may be moving by centrifical force on release. I wondered if the metal module would be more rigid. Sorry but it is hard to explain. Probably not much to worry about but I think a change to metal will ease my mind.
cj

Arrow Splitter
07-18-2011, 06:02 PM
I can move the plastic one when it is installed by torqueing it w/ the tip of my finger. I thought it may be moving by centrifical force on release. I wondered if the metal module would be more rigid. Sorry but it is hard to explain. Probably not much to worry about but I think a change to metal will ease my mind.
cjI believe you are correct in your statements, but you're also right when you say that it probably isn't much to worry about. I highly doubt that the very slight if any movement of the module will effect accuracy.

A.S

Destroyer
07-18-2011, 07:36 PM
I think a change to metal will ease my mind.

Best reason to change it, confidence is a huge part of archery. You need to be able to concentrate and this sort of thing won't help.

bigbob29
07-18-2011, 09:37 PM
After having a fiber module blow on me with a hell of a bang and possible limb damage [ weakened] I will never use a fiber one again.

cjchasman
07-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Yup...bigbob29 after following your trials and tribulations with your bow I do believe a change of module is in order for me. Hope all your bow issues are working out and you are back shooting.

bigbob29
07-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Howdy CJChasman,
Yeah, I dont want to be drawing my bow with one eye on the module each time. I have accepted that with the current limbs I am now limited to a 55# bow and not the 70# it should be. It still shoots well, so cut my losses and use it as is. Unless of course anyone has a single 17'' carbon weave elite limb in 8m code laying around?

cjchasman
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Got a module shipping out from Martin...$8.00 and change. Not a big price to pay for peace of mind although I wish it was free lol. I'll keep my eye out for the limb bigbob29.

bigbob29
07-20-2011, 02:28 PM
thanks I'm in no hurry. Going more to the trad side now anyway.

Destroyer
07-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Going more to the trad side now anyway.

Good old simple traditional archery. ;)

bigbob29
07-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Yep gonna start making my own bamboo and glass longbows. That way when I blow one up i'll have another in reserve!

cjchasman
07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Bad news...I learned from Martin that the metal cam module F6hl is no longer available. The $8.00 and change turned into a total of $12.45 due to $4.41 in shipping. Module they sent is what I already had...Plastic; $8.04 plus shipping. Postage on the envelope was $1.41 so I wonder where the other $3.00 comes from. Now I am waiting for a call back to get my R/A...return authorization. No one I spoke to could do that. The one that could was on the phone so I was given his voice mail. WoW...what an ordeal for a crappy piece of plastic. I know mistakes are made and everyone has been nice so far, but this all started w/ me emailing Martin to ask if the module was available. They said it was...to be fair they told me today that I could get one in 65%let off. But w/ my shoulders th HL is what I'm use to. Oh well!

cjchasman
07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
con't.

Well I never got my call back so I called again. Ended up talking to Brandon who could not have been more helpful. Got the RA# and they will credit me when they receive the mod. Thank You Brandon.