PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Tie a Tube Peep In?

MLN1963
07-18-2011, 03:57 PM
My kids bow has a 3 string horizontal peep. I don't have any problems with it but he says he does. I have a tru-glo tube peep here but it doesn't have any instructions. I understand where to put the peep and tying it in but I'm not sure where or how you secure the tube. Does it go to the cable, the riser, where?

Any advise would be appreciated.

HawgEnvy
07-18-2011, 04:17 PM
overhand knot on the cable approx 1.5" above the sight. Best I can tell you from memory. I haven't used one in years.

Scott
07-18-2011, 04:18 PM
Piece of cake, use YouTube, here ,watch Kenny. He has some good vid's, along with Ike of Ikesoutdoors. You can find vids on almost anything, automotive, what ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKU7ocHYyeo Anything for a bow, Kenny has a vid of it.

MLN1963
07-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks Scott. I should have known to check Kenny's videos.

MLN1963
07-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Already in. I tied it with the same knot used for a d-loop. I left it a little long so it can break once or twice and still have some leftover. I tied it on the serving of the yoke intersection. There was no clip Sonny.

Hawgenvy, this is for my kid and I don't want to mess with a plain peep right now. We are trying get this thing set to him finally. I want to get everything else perfect without having to worry about a rotating peep. Once all that is done then I can swap out peeps.

elkslayer4x5
07-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Just keep an eye on the string, watch for any broken strands at the peep. I've removed several tube peeps to find broken strands at that point. :)

MLN1963
07-20-2011, 07:03 AM
Will do E.S. the tube peep will come out eventually. Probably once we get everything settled with set up. Either that or once we replace the Helix strings.