PDA

View Full Version : Firecat TR1 Specs

oncechance1
07-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Ok... I know that you shouldn't worry too much about ATA but I want to run this by all. The specs shows ata at 32 1/2" and mine is showing 32 1/8".
Forgot to mention that I just installed my new string on the Cat. Is this within tolerance? Thanks,

gravedigger
07-21-2011, 11:54 AM
i would not worrie too much about it,if its shooting good.

Speedykills
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
i would not worrie too much about it,if its shooting good.

Ditto,specs are just a guide to go by,not to many bows are in spec but shoot great.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-21-2011, 03:22 PM
General rule of thumb, that I use. Within a 1/4 " of ata . Have you checked dw? It should only be 2 to 3 over max pounds. Also bh what is it?

Hutch :cool:

Destroyer
07-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Have you checked dw? It should only be 2 to 3 over max pounds

That's what I would be checking for, the draw weight is second most important spec. The draw length is most important.

oncechance1
07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Well...I checked the specs before I had the limbs cranked down. After doing so it is only off 1/8", which is within spec according to Brandon at Martin. The problem that I had was that the draw weight maxed out at 58lbs. I called Brandon back and he told me to twist the cable to achieve the extra pounds that were missing. I did that and got the extra pounds that I was missing. I haven't shot yet but hopefully tomorrow I will be able to fling some arrows to break in the string so I can install the peep. I have to give it to Martin (and you guys/gals) for all the helpful information. This is my first time installing a string and I am learning much about tuning my own bow. I wanted to do more on my bow this year because the last time I was at the pro shot I didn't think they did the best they could.

oncechance1
07-21-2011, 04:01 PM
I do want give a thumbs up to H&M Bowstrings for making a great string. The string colors are orange and OD green. I know this post doesn't mean anything because of pics, but I will be posting some soon. Along with the pic of my new Quest Primal, which shoots very well.

gravedigger
07-21-2011, 04:56 PM
I do want give a thumbs up to H&M Bowstrings for making a great string. The string colors are orange and OD green. I know this post doesn't mean anything because of pics, but I will be posting some soon. Along with the pic of my new Quest Primal, which shoots very well.

how much did you pay for them strings?

oncechance1
07-21-2011, 05:40 PM
He was running a special at $55 TYD. I'm not sure if the special is still going on but you can check on AT (Archery Talk).

gravedigger
07-21-2011, 06:15 PM
He was running a special at $55 TYD. I'm not sure if the special is still going on but you can check on AT (Archery Talk).

im not in the market i just bought winnerschoice around the first of the year.next set it buy will be from hutch

Destroyer
07-21-2011, 07:09 PM
I do want give a thumbs up to H&M Bowstrings for making a great string.

Yeah great strings! Real happy with mine. :D