PDA

View Full Version : different bow's with different shots

gravedigger
07-22-2011, 04:00 PM
i was not sure ware to post this so im posting here.so i have shot a few bow's but not many.most have been martin and one or two different brands.what im getting at is i shot my buddy's 90's bengal and 2009 bengal sighted in for him and i shot like it was sighted in for me.
another buddyof mine bought a mission craze and just for kicks i shot it,and i was about 2' off the target when he is shootin decent groups.another buddy of mine has a mathews,he shoots well with it.i shot it and darn near the same thing about 2' off target.im lost on this because the other bow owners shot my bengal and they were dead nuts on target.i think it's just weird.any insight.

Speedykills
07-22-2011, 04:17 PM
I think you need to switch to mathews....................

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-22-2011, 04:20 PM
GD, shorter ata's will do that. Also different grips and torquing the bow. Also you are use to a more stable bow. The Bengal to me is very stable.

Hutch:cool:

Arrow Splitter
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM
I think you need to switch to mathews....................:eek::eek::eek::p

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I think you need to switch to mathews....................Don't threaten him like that using nasty words like the M word.:p

Hutch:cool:

gravedigger
07-22-2011, 04:52 PM
I think you need to switch to mathews....................

keep in mind i am a gravedigger and well im sur you can get the point.lol

cjchasman
07-22-2011, 05:08 PM
How 'bout draw length. Were they all the same as you? An inch off could be a change in your shooting form.

gravedigger
07-22-2011, 05:09 PM
2 feet off is quite a bit, but it is not unusual for a person to have different points of impact with someone elses bow. Most normally anyone shooting my bow will have a point of impact about 6 inches high and right......

the thing that just keeps eating at me is we were standin side by side shooting the same target and with our own bows in our hands hiting the same mark.arrows allmost kissin eachother.so i hand him my bow,he shoots dead on.he hands me his bow im way off to the left center.same thing with my buddy's mathews.but every other martin i have shot is good to go.just plain weird

HawgEnvy
07-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Idk,GD. I 'hooded one of my nephew's arrows shoooting his bow trying to show him what a proper grip does. In order to see through the peep, kisser is bout 1/4" below my nose. Shot was 15yds w a single fixed pin set for 30yds. He got the point I was trying to make about a consistent grip. Lol

gravedigger
07-22-2011, 06:52 PM
How 'bout draw length. Were they all the same as you? An inch off could be a change in your shooting form.

same DL with both bow.same arrows.its just weird to me.

Destroyer
07-23-2011, 03:11 AM
So you weren't able to shoot those two Mathews bows but their owners could shoot your bow ok? Lots of possibilities here but I would say its draw length related. If I try shooting my brothers old Hoyt which is 4" shorter DL it goes about 4ft over the target but straight, its just too short.

All the bows were the same draw length?

Ehunter
07-23-2011, 04:18 AM
If the draws are the same like you say, it's gotta be a torque issue. My guess is, the grip on the other bows is slightly thicker than on your Martin and making you torque the bows. So it's easier for them to shoot a thinner grip, than for you to shoot a thicker grip like on their bows. A thinner grip is harder to torque.

Simple Life
07-23-2011, 05:07 AM
I agree with torque and or the bows grip.My friend has a Mathews and I can't stand the big wood grip on it,doesn't feel right in my hand.

Destroyer
07-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Don't think you would be torquing the bow that much. :eek: