PDA

View Full Version : Pinchtab or Glove?

wut4dude
07-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I've been shooting my 50# Dream Catcher a lot lately, at times with a pinchtab and other times a glove. It's probably a form issue, or the shooter, but, I've noticed that my shots with my old stiff glove seem more accurate than my shots with my pinchtab. I was just wondering why some people swear by the tab and for others the glove is the answer?...is it like most things, a matter of personal preference? For those who shoot with the glove, what type/brand of glove do you prefer? If I'm gonna shoot glove, I think I'm gonna have to get something with a little more feel...just looking for others opinions?:cool:

Destroyer
07-24-2011, 04:21 PM
I was just wondering why some people swear by the tab and for others the glove is the answer?

Answer I think is

I've noticed that my shots with my old stiff glove seem more accurate than my shots with my pinchtab.

All about what works best.

alex
07-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Tab or glove? Neither. I shoot bare fingers or with plaster "rings" on my middle finger and index finger. Just can't feel the string right through the leather. :)

elkslayer4x5
07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Have never liked the 3 finger gloves, still have an old hoyt 'Pro tab' that I've worn the eleatic strap off of twice, its been trimed down, and is very slick, worn smooth by 1000's of shots. Also never liked tabs with the rubber block between the fingers. :cool:

cyclepath
07-26-2011, 09:21 AM
I shoot bare fingers

:eek: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaamm you da man. Scares me just thinking about that, OUCH. I've got a calf hair tab (split finger) which I like very much, very smooth. I also have a glove (cheep allen) which is my choice of weapon. I put some mole skin in the fingers and works great for me. All depends on what you are more comfortable shooting with.

alex
07-26-2011, 12:19 PM
:eek: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaamm you da man. Scares me just thinking about that, OUCH. I've got a calf hair tab (split finger) which I like very much, very smooth. I also have a glove (cheep allen) which is my choice of weapon. I put some mole skin in the fingers and works great for me. All depends on what you are more comfortable shooting with.

:D Thanks, but it's not a big deal - my heaviest bow shot with bare fingers is 55# only. The good thing is that after a couple of hundred shots the skin of the three fingers becomes thick as a leather and you don't feel pain any more ;)

shaverd
07-29-2011, 10:01 AM
I started using a glove because I tend to make the arrow fall off the rest when I use a tab. I also started shooting with three fingers under the arrow instead of the traditional grip. I had to adjust my point of aim but I shoot much better.

Destroyer
07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
:eek: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaamm you da man.

I agree! :D

I also started shooting with three fingers under the arrow instead of the traditional grip. I had to adjust my point of aim but I shoot much better.

Same here. I shot split finger for years but with 3 finger under I had better alignment.

peace
07-30-2011, 03:31 AM
I find the more expensive and softer leather less efficient then the cheap thin plastic. It is like the thinner glove gives me more direct dexterity in the launch. I bought a cheaper simulated leather for a back up and for friends to use and found I liked it better than my more expensive leather one which came from the pro shop and I don't remember the brand. although it feels great on the hand I am not as confident with it along I have used it longer.

I don't have any experience with tabs.

shaverd
08-02-2011, 08:49 AM
I bought a cheaper simulated leather for a back up and for friends to use and found I liked it better than my more expensive leather one....

I have a cheap glove and had never used anything else until two days ago. I have been shooting so much lately that my fingers became very sore even with the glove. My fingers even have bruises on them. I decided to make a glove out of some elk leather and now I can shoot again. It dosn't look the best but it works great. It is hard to feel the string and I will go back to my store bought glove as soon as possible, however, I will always keep this one as a back-up.

peace
08-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes, you get into a shooting session for any long period of time and you are going to feel that string across your fingers. Unlike a compound you can get into some mad slingin sessions, where you are gunning those arrows down range rapidly.