PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Firecat ..very noisey..could never hunt with it! Why???

dkondos
07-27-2011, 04:19 PM
I have a 2008 Firecat..it is a little noisey...love the bow....Bought the 2011 as it was said to be fast and QUIET!! NOT!!! it is so loud. WHY? What is the fix.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the forum, lots of reasons for a loud bow.
Firecat 360 or Firecat 400?
1. Make sure the ata and bh are right.
(specs are important)
2. How heavy of an arrow are you shooting?
(the lighter the arrow the louder the bow)
3. What silencers do you have on the string?
(Cat whiskers are about the best thing known)
4.If it has a SOS it will be loud
(try adjust or moving it to the lower position)

Hutch:cool:

bfisher
07-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Along with the other suggestions is that the cams may not be synced correctly if it's got binary cams.

bigredhunter00
07-28-2011, 04:13 AM
i sent dk over here from at, he said he had the tuning fork issue going on.

HawgEnvy
07-28-2011, 05:56 AM
stock strings? Get rid of em! Hutch makes excellent strings. I noticed a significant difference to what I thought was already plenty quiet.

what accessories do you have?

dkondos
07-28-2011, 07:32 AM
We do not have access to an archery shop ...nothing near us. As I do not know some of the terms ..I am going to down loan a manual for the Firecat 400 2011 and educate myself and I will come back. Buying a bow out of the box means nothing I guess!.. I have a whisker biskit, G5 sights and shoot 400 Easton Axis arrows with 100grm tips. I do appreciate your help!! Dan

Arrow Splitter
07-28-2011, 08:30 AM
We do not have access to an archery shop ...nothing near us. As I do not know some of the terms ..I am going to down loan a manual for the Firecat 400 2011 and educate myself and I will come back. Buying a bow out of the box means nothing I guess!.. I have a whisker biskit, G5 sights and shoot 400 Easton Axis arrows with 100grm tips. I do appreciate your help!! DanWell, just think of this forum as
your archery shop. If you have a question, just ask. Someone on here will know the answer.
By the way, Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum.

A.S

Speedykills
07-28-2011, 10:58 AM
I have a 2008 Firecat..it is a little noisey...love the bow....Bought the 2011 as it was said to be fast and QUIET!! NOT!!! it is so loud. WHY? What is the fix.

If its not a twang sound but more like a loud slap i bet your cams need timing not sure what cams you have but it makes a big difference in sound.

HawgEnvy
07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
welcome,Dan. Heres some common terms.

AtA= axle to axle length. Measured from the center of each axle that secures each cam/idler wheel to the limbs.

BH= brace height. Measured from the throat of the grip to the string.

DW= draw weight. How much poundage your pulling

DL= draw length. (28.5",etc)

mods= draw length modules. Used to adjust draw length in 1" increments. Will have "F5" or whatever corresponds w your draw length stampped on it. Held on by 2 small screws on the cam(s)

cam timing= position of the cam(s) for peak performance.

"in spec"= bow is set to factory specified settings. I.E. 32" ata,7" bh.

tiller= measured from the back of the limb pocket to a straight line from each axle.

that's what you'll hear referred to most often when talking about bow tuning.

boobowbender
07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
the ata has seemed to be 1/2 inch short on most of the fc 400's i read about. how long is your draw? i think the longer draw lengths are causing more noise out of the trgs. whats the draw weight? the 400 spine arrows might be on the light side. guys have been having luck putting some rubber foam behind the sos the quiet them down some too.