PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunter magazine martin article

cjchasman
07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
I just rec'd. my Sept. issue of Bowhunter magazine and low and behold there is a 3 page article about "The Oldest Bow Company You Never Knew..." Good article w/ pics. Gives a quick glimpse of the 60 yrs. Martin has been "delivering more than expected". Shows Gail and Eva Martin, Ryan and Terry Martin and talks about the business being passed through the family. Good read, hope you all can check it out.

cj

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that. Sounds cool.

Hutch:cool:

Destroyer
07-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Does sound good. Not sure if I will see it though, might have to look around the newsagents. It would be fantastic if Martin would produce a book on their history including the catalogs but it would be too $$$ probably.

Hopefully Martin might put it up on their website? The use to have some there http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fUCEGHrjvzIJ:www.martinarchery.com/mag/mag.html+Bowhunter+magazine+Martin+Archery&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&source=www.google.com.au

:)

cyclepath
07-29-2011, 09:44 PM
It's amazing. Really appreciate this. I have to know all information about it. Please provide me related information about it.

LMAO, this can't be, really, alrighty then !!!

peace
07-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Martin Archery is right up there with Fred Bear. I feel a strong sense of tradition when I shoot my Martin. I sense something about a sincere love of archery and a genuine desire to produce a product with meaningful innovations for the consumer. What comes with a Martin goes beyond price and product. There is a sense of family and tradition. I got that from the very first time I picked up a Martin, I am not saying it doesn't exist with other bow manufacturers I am just saying I didn't get that from the Matthews and others I tried.

I am probably never going to be the guy that buys three or four bows a season, that would confuse the heck out of me, I must have a connection with the bow from which I am casting arrows. I have been married for 35 years now, I don't break or change relationships easily. I think of a bow as a gift from God. I don't know if that is from my Cherokee heritage but it is the way I have always felt. Thus I do believe that a bow and its owner are somehow mated. If I don't feel that then I don't want the bow no matter how technically sound it is. Just me.

I think the trad guys understand this, I am not so sure that many compound owners feel the same way. Maybe many of them are on a faster developmental track then I am and they grow into new bows faster. I don't even want to shoot a bow unless it speaks to me. That would be like being too promiscuous for me.

Here's to the Martin Archery Family and it's storied and continued success, may God continue to Bless.

polaris754
07-30-2011, 03:06 PM
great words peace i couldnt agree with u more , glad u r aboard the martin family!:D

Rangerj
07-30-2011, 04:45 PM
I readed it also,it was most informative. :cool:

Arrow Splitter
07-30-2011, 04:59 PM
If I can recall correctly, readed is not in the dictionary.LOL:D

Rangerj
07-30-2011, 05:11 PM
If I can recall correctly, readed is not in the dictionary.LOL:D

Whut Dickshunary you lookin at?