PDA

View Full Version : older cougar?

Gir
03-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Hiya, I just received a bow I had purchased on ebay. It is in truly perfect condition but I have a question on the model and year. I was told it is a Cougar and does have cougars on all the wood inlays. What puzzles me is that printed largely on the limbs is MAVERICK X. When I get home I can post the serial number and some pictures. In appearance it is nearly identical to a 1997 prowler, cams are different though. Thanks for any help.

Gir
03-30-2007, 07:49 PM
I was incorrect earlier, it says Maverick 3D on the limbs of the bow. Serial number is 5053013 with a small x under the last #3. Thanks for any insight about this bow. Pics will follow as soon as I shrink them.

Gir
03-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Here are the pictures of the bow and the ID tag. Also if anyone happens to know how to contact the Brian Cunningham who it says built it my g/f would love to say thanks for this fine bow.

Gir
04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Just bumping it up in case someone on now can help identify it.

Myk
04-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Juding by the serial number I would guess it's a '95 bow or a '96 bow that was made in '95. I don't know how the numbers went for the '80s but that's how my '90s Martin is.

I would also believe the limbs especially since it still has the tag on it.
I don't know anything about the Maverick.

I think those are Zcams. (But I tend to think everything I don't know for sure is a Zcam :) )

Gir
04-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey, thanks much! We just got it all adjusted and tuned today. Shoots great even at it's advanced age lol.