PDA

View Full Version : how much clearance?.....

deer dude
04-07-2007, 07:21 AM
is ideal between the cable and your arrow fletch.i was worried that my pantera might be set out too far.i measured and have less than a half inch between cable and fletch. i checked because the shop that set mine up had the slide and string and cable backwards from the way they should have been.

Elk4me
04-07-2007, 01:05 PM
I just measured mine the cable gurd from the back is about 1/4" from my fletch and about the 5 o'clock position!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b116/Elk4me/P1010013.jpg

Myk
04-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Both of yours are too much, IMO.
I have about 1/16" (actually .050"-.060", I used calipers to check) on all my bows, cable guard or shoot through and get no fletching contact.

You only need enough to get the vanes through, not drive a truck through :p

deer dude
04-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Both of yours are too much, IMO.
I have about 1/16" (actually .050"-.060", I used calipers to check) on all my bows, cable guard or shoot through and get no fletching contact.

You only need enough to get the vanes through, not drive a truck through :p o.k how do i go about rotating the cable rod? can i just loosen the screws and put it where i want it or do i need to back the limbs off then rotate the rod where it should be.?

Myk
04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Back the screws out and twist it.
Sometimes that sounds easier than it is. ;)
It will probably go easier if you pop the strings out of the slide to remove the pressure from the guard. Not being able to pop the strings out is why I stopped using the teflon slide I have. Unless that's the type of slide you're using there shouldn't be a need to do anything to the limbs.

Elk4me
04-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks Myk I re adj. mine now 1/16" clearance. I was shooting the bow excellent what is going to be the notice?