PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Turkey

Deborah Whalen
04-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi,

Thought I'd send this Awesome picture of my sons first Turkey with his 2007
Martin Bengal Bow. Shot on Sat. April 7th at 9:00 a.m., 20 yards, he weighed 21 lbs with an 11 inch beard. Cody called the bird in and his Dad filmed the shot and actually got the arrow going into the turkey as he was standing just on the other side of a decoy they had set out. Talk about excited! Wow!!!!!
Thank You, and I'm sure there will be more to come.

Proud Mom

eelriver
04-11-2007, 08:11 AM
Good lookin' bird, better lookin' kid......I can see why mom is so proud. Over the years I've killed several birds; but I've never had the guts to try to hunt them with my bow, always have been a shot gun hunter. Well I too got a new 07' Bengal this year, so I think I will try to do the stick and string thing. Wish me luck our season opens April 25th. Congratulation again, very nice mature Tom.:)

Deborah Whalen
04-11-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks, it takes alot of practice and determination but just go for it! I bet you'll get one with your bow. My son is taking me Turkey hunting this weekend with a gun I wish I was still in practice with my bow but I've never turkey hunted before so I'm gonna try gun first. I've killed a few deer with my bow but its been a few years ago when I was shooting competition alot and I'm not in form to hunt Turkey yet, their a little harder to hit.
Good Luck Bow Hunting and let me know the results.
Thanks Again!

Landmine
04-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Nice bird. I'll have my first chance at turkey with my phantom this week. I have been looking at the Bengal. Very tempting.

Deborah Whalen
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
:) Thanks, and Good Luck Turkey Hunting. My Son loves his Bengal and has been shooting it Great. Go for it!