PDA

View Full Version : Safety Curtian ?

Hit The X
08-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Anyone know where I can find a safety curtian that I can use to Drape behind the targets incase of misses ? I really need one at a good price Or possibly even donated I will pay shipping.

I am trying to help the local kids learn to shoot and we at the moment spend more time hunting arrows than actually shooting.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post .

Spiker
08-01-2011, 10:47 AM
You can get old carpet free.

peace
08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
You can get old carpet free.

Carpet would be way to heavy to hang. Escalade Sports the owner of Bear Archery sells those so they may be the ones to contact. They specialize in institutional and educational archery products. There is another company but I can't recall the name that sells the backing at a very reasonable price, and have a recreational or home owners versus a commercial and range product.

cjchasman
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Hit the X...You may want to contact the schools and colleges in your area. They may have offerred archery at one time and still have the curtains laying around. Ask for them to donate back to the taxpayers...Ha ha.

Destroyer
08-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Carpet would be way to heavy to hang.

Depending where you shoot there might be no need to hang, it would stop arrows from kids bows even if it was just put against a wall. If you needed to hang you could use a lot of different materials including old wool bales.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
08-01-2011, 03:34 PM
BCY sells a backing. By the yard I think not sure if it is what you are looking for. Half way down the page.

http://www.bcyfibers.com/Accessories.php

Hutch:cool:

Hit The X
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Carpet would be way to heavy to hang. Escalade Sports the owner of Bear Archery sells those so they may be the ones to contact. They specialize in institutional and educational archery products. There is another company but I can't recall the name that sells the backing at a very reasonable price, and have a recreational or home owners versus a commercial and range product.

Thisi s a great idea I am soooo going to do that on my day off . Thanks I really appreciate it . I would even buy it from them . Its only gonna sit and take prime realestate away from the school .

Sharxfan
08-03-2011, 08:38 AM
A target range in California that I used to frequent used old conveyor belts as a backstop. If you look around you may be able to get it for free.

Hit The X
08-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks all I am actively looking for old conveyor belts . They are hard to find