PDA

View Full Version : ccs question

Cheetah09
08-01-2011, 12:02 PM
I recently got a ccs for my cheetah and read somewhere to get the cable 1/2 inch longer so the extra poundage doesnt happen.Do I need to change the string length too.I thought I read to just change the cable,thanks for your help.

bfisher
08-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Yep, just the cable and 1/2" longer is correct.. By the way, I saw your were registering when I was looking to see who's online. Welcome to the forums.

Cheetah09
08-01-2011, 12:32 PM
thanks,I just ordered new cable and string so I just wanted to be sure,thanks again

Ehunter
08-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Reading this got me thinking, rather than replace cables, couldn't a person just back the limbs out to the correct poundage? I know, it's dangerous when I think. lol

Cheetah09
08-01-2011, 02:04 PM
yes,you could.I was needing new cables and string anyways plus I've heard that bows are more efficiant when closer to max out,not sure about that though.

bfisher
08-01-2011, 02:38 PM
yes,you could.I was needing new cables and string anyways plus I've heard that bows are more efficiant when closer to max out,not sure about that though.

Don't worry about "what you heard". It's not as bad as it used to be. Just be forewarned that you'll have to shoot a shorter module because the draw length changes by that much. For the money I'd get the new cable and not have to mess with everything else.