PDA

View Full Version : Buying New Martin

1mdailey
04-18-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm in the market to upgrade my bowhunting outfit the only brand I have every used was high Country Archery products for 15 years. I have looked at all the top brands, but I keep coming back to the Martin web site . I plan on 60lb draw 29" draw length. and I do most of my hunting from treestands for georgia whitetail. Any suggestions on what 2007 model Martin I should go with.

bfisher
04-18-2007, 01:09 PM
The Bengal w/M-Pro cam is getting some rave reviews this year, mostly because it's a very good value for the money. It does pretty much what a lot of bows costing hundreds more do. 33" A2A, M-Pro is very smooth. The bow shoots very quietly and with little hand shock. Speed isn't off the charts, but smooth cams aren't designed for speed. It'll still be respectable though.

The Pantera is almost the same bow, but 3" longer A2A. It shoots about as well as any bow I've ever had and again, is very quiet and shock free.

Retail should be $399 and $479 respectively.

My bow is the Pantera w/Nitrous X cams. I personally like the speed of the Nitrous and the X system eliminates all torque and possibility of cam lean. I just wish I could see well enough to take advantage of the accuracy potential of the bow.

Good luck, whatever your choice.

Barry

deer dude
04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
you cant go wrong with the bengal or pantera,i bought the pantera ,it seemed to me a bit less hand shock and a bit less noisy than the bengal.both are killer bows ,either which one you choose.

eelriver
04-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I bought my new Bengal a couple of months ago based upon a recommendation by a bow shop owner. I went into his place ready to buy a $700.00 bow and he said before you do, you should look at the Bengal ($400)

To me, both shot the same, they were both 32" ATA but the other bow was about 8-10fps faster. I just couldn't justify the extra money......I didn't see that much difference.

Love my new bow. It shoots very smooth, yet I'm getting KE close to 60# which would cook any Georgia whitetail!

Can't go wrong with the Bengal

Myk
04-21-2007, 08:33 AM
The Bengal is a great choice.
It's very quiet and smooth drawing. If you can try one before buying you might even want to go up on your draw weight.
It's also very forgiving in my hands.

If you're more advanced in your abilities, want a speed bow and are willing to spend more money the Slayer gives pretty good speeds. I'm thinking of getting one and have been playing with a ballistics program and at that draw weight and length (which is what I've been messing with) it's showing 280s-290s with 400-450gr arrows. I think 540gr arrows were showing 270s with 65lbs.

hotrod26
04-21-2007, 06:57 PM
I bought a Martin Cheetah which is the little brother of the Bengal. I love it, it is quiet, smooth draw and no hand shock. The Cheetah's ATA is 1.5" shorter than the Bengal. Which ever one you decide on you won't be disappointed. Like you I hunt from a treestand in South Carolina.