PDA

View Full Version : New bow update and one question

vermonter
08-01-2011, 03:44 PM
To all the complainers out there i will buy your martin bows. Needless to say that means my expirence has been awesome. The bow is around the two thousand arrow mark. I cant remember the last time i missed the kill zone. I have zero mechanical issues and i am loving life.

The only question i am going to ask is this. Who is the best to buy arrows from online? Needless to say i am wearing out the first dozen and i am thinking about a dozen or two more. I shoot gold tip xt hunter in 5575.

Thanks Vermonter

Hit The X
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I know I am going toget hell for this but the way I go thru arrows I need to look for cheaper arrows . I go to Wal-mart and buy the Carbon Express cheapie arrows shoot them till they are just dead. But I still have my hunting arrows and also my Competition arrows set apart and go back to them every now and again so that they do not get so worn .

Thats the way I do it and I have been hunting and doing comps for 15 years now. Its never bothered my shots at all .

Let the bashing on me begin.

Arrow Splitter
08-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I know I am going toget hell for this but the way I go thru arrows I need to look for cheaper arrows . I go to Wal-mart and buy the cx Cheapie arrows shoot them till they are just dead. But I still have my hunting arrors and also my Competition arrows set apart and go back to them every now and again so that they do not get so worn .

Thats the way i do it and i have been hunting and doing comps for 15 years now.

Let the bashing on me begin.You're not on AT, so you can forget about the bashing. :cool:
I personally use Carbon Express Terminator Hunters from Walmart, and they are excellent. I'm not sure where the idea that Carbon Express arrows from Walmart are cheap, but just last year a dozen was $100.

Arrow Splitter
08-01-2011, 04:43 PM
To all the complainers out there i will buy your martin bows. Needless to say that means my expirence has been awesome. The bow is around the two thousand arrow mark. I cant remember the last time i missed the kill zone. I have zero mechanical issues and i am loving life.

The only question i am going to ask is this. Who is the best to buy arrows from online? Needless to say i am wearing out the first dozen and i am thinking about a dozen or two more. I shoot gold tip xt hunter in 5575.

Thanks VermonterI don't think there really is an actual best arrow, but Goldtip is excellent. The GT Expedition is a good value arrow, the XT that you're using is even better. If you're looking for a different brand, Carbon Express is another good choice. Their Terminator arrow is extremely nice.

HawgEnvy
08-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Harvest Time Archery HT-2's. EXCELLENT! CS is outstanding like Martins.

Double S
08-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Check out Harvest Time Archery Arrows. They are great arrows and you won't go broke buying them.

vermonter
08-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I am not switching arrows I am looking for the best place to buy them online. Sorry I must not have been clear.

Arrow Splitter
08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
I am not switching arrows I am looking for the best place to buy them online. Sorry I must not have been clear.Someone slap me for reading too fast. You were perfectly clear.
Here's one good place: http://www.mountain-archery.com/mountainarcheryxtremehunterbygoldtip-09onedz1.aspx That arrow is the GT XT.

Destroyer
08-01-2011, 07:03 PM
To all the complainers out there i will buy your martin bows.

Serious? I have a cracked limbed Shadowcat you can take off my hands for $600 TYD. Only method of payment I accept is Paypal as a gift.

Double S
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Contact Jerry at Southshorearcherysupply. com. He is a great guy and a Arrow Jedi!. :cool:

oncechance1
08-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Visit bowproshop.com. I have purchased GTarrows from them and they have good prices.

Ford
08-02-2011, 04:04 AM
I have a great 2011 exile for you to expand your collection of martins pm me. I just bought gold tip velocity hunter shafts from little jons archery shop online. they only charge a 4 dollar handling and shipping fee which is cheap. All together 12 arrows for 57. They arent fletched or cut to length, but I'm working on that.

Sharxfan
08-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Maybe try Sportsmans guide. The prices are pretty good and if you are part of the buyers club you get 10% off.

RLW
08-02-2011, 05:37 AM
..................Here's one good place: http://www.mountain-archery.com/mountainarcheryxtremehunterbygoldtip-09onedz1.aspx ...........
That's the place I've been ordering my complete arrows and/or arrow building materials from for many years and can't recall ever having a problem with an order.
Prior to fletching my own (in the not to distant past) I always liked the custom fletch options I could get from Mountain Archery.

Arrow Splitter
08-02-2011, 06:15 AM
Maybe try Sportsmans guide. The prices are pretty good and if you are part of the buyers club you get 10% off.X2 Another great place.

wscywabbit
08-02-2011, 07:35 AM
X3 for sportsmansguide.com! They also recently started offering cut/wrap/insert services. I order from them quite alot, and with the discount, they can be less expensive than ebay. Besides, their CS and return policies are outstanding...

MLN1963
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Contact Jerry at Southshorearcherysupply. com. He is a great guy and a Arrow Jedi!. :cool:

That is where I bought my GoldTips. Great guy and great service.